Things to do in the Kingsbridge area (Devon)

(7 Posts)
Perfectlypurple Wed 25-May-16 21:54:13

Bigbury and challaborough beaches are nearby, oh and also bantham beach. Bigbury has burgh island where some Agatha Christie stuff was set and I think written. It has a big tractor that goes in the sea to the island.

Dartmouth is a regatta town and has lots of boats and quaint shops. Torquay isn't far - the English riviera. Lots of holiday shops and a dinosaur experience which is ok for younger kids.

DelphiniumBlue Wed 25-May-16 21:50:36

There's a steam railway/ riverboat, there's Powderham castle, loads of lovely beaches. There's a cinema in Kings bridge, a really tiny Indy one, very friendly.
I looked on the local tourist info site, and there was lots of ideas.

RiverTam Wed 25-May-16 21:47:22

We've had 2 holidays in the South Hams, I don't think we did anything specifically for children, just went to various different beaches, walk on Dartmoor, Dartmouth for a day trip. Dunno really. DD was 4 and 5. Loved it. Most put out we're not going back again this year!

Perfectlypurple Wed 25-May-16 21:45:02

www.woodlandspark.com

Perfectlypurple Wed 25-May-16 21:44:10

Woodlands. It's isn't far and great for kids.

Titsywoo Wed 25-May-16 21:43:20

Bump

OP’s posts: |
Titsywoo Tue 24-May-16 22:02:27

Saying there for half term week and can't seem to find much to do with kids on a google search - any ideas from people who have been there before or live in the area? Thanks smile

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in