Short break in UK

(6 Posts)
FiveGoMadInDorset Sun 22-May-16 20:28:32

My DM wants to take my DC's away for 4 nights in August, it will be her, a friend of hers and my two children. Having looked at Centre Parcs, and while she can afford it, the price is staggering. Can anyone suggest a nice break for 4 in August, stipulation being not a holiday site such as Haven. We are in the South if you hadn't guessed!

I am thinking IOW of Channel Islands

mummymeister Mon 23-May-16 08:30:35

I think you need to think again about taking a short break in August. because of the Gove effect holiday places - cottages, caravans etc - are looking for full week bookings not 4 nights in school summer holidays. especially true if you are thinking Friday to Monday.

Camping/Glamping generally seem happy to give short breaks as do hotels. Have a look at booking.com and put in your dates to see what comes up on the hotel side of things. you might also want to have a look at airbandb but click whole house. Because of all the scares abroad at the moment the UK seems to be booking out quickly. if you are thinking iow or channel islands then have a look to see how you would get over there first as this could be also be a major constraining factor.

FiveGoMadInDorset Mon 23-May-16 16:39:17

Thanks for getting back, we live near Poole so getting to CI is not bad, also Lymington is not far. Being involved in the holiday business I understand all about the long weekends/short weeks. I looked at Bedruthen Sands but that is many ££££.

StillNoFuckingEyeDeer Mon 23-May-16 16:55:24

Bedruthan? The Headland hotel in Newquay? Tresanton? Watergate Bay?

StillNoFuckingEyeDeer Mon 23-May-16 16:56:51

Sandy Balls?

mummymeister Mon 23-May-16 21:15:38

what is your budget for travel to and accommodation then? If you are in the trade then you know that you will have as much chance finding this as hens teeth but still you have to look just in case smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now