Butlins Standard apartments Bognor/Minehead

(12 Posts)
MiddleClassProblem Mon 16-May-16 21:31:35

What are the standard apartments like compared to the silver? Are they nice and clean? Are they as they look on the website or is that just if you're lucky?

MiddleClassProblem Tue 17-May-16 09:05:54

Bump

UntilTheCowsComeHome Tue 17-May-16 09:09:54

Depends on your standards I think.

We've only stayed in the next level up and they are ok. They're clean and the kitchens have what you need but they're not overly comfortable.

Obviously Butlins want you out and about spending money so the sofas are small, fake leather hard things and the beds although perfectly fine aren't exactly luxurious.

The silver + bungalows are more roomy.

Have you already booked?

MiddleClassProblem Tue 17-May-16 09:14:46

No just trying to figure it all out

MiddleClassProblem Tue 17-May-16 09:19:12

I wasn't sure how big the difference was between the two. One place has a bed in the lounge and bath only which isnt the end of the world but the actual beds look the same comfort wise...

UntilTheCowsComeHome Tue 17-May-16 09:22:37

Have you looked at the caravans for hire on site? One of the sites don't have them (either Bognor or Skegness can't remember) but the other 2 do. They're usually a bit cheaper than booking through Butlins but you still get everything on site.

We much prefer them to the apartments now, more spacious and away from the hustle and bustle.

MiddleClassProblem Tue 17-May-16 09:29:44

Thanks, will have a look. Are the beds much different?

MissBattleaxe Tue 17-May-16 09:31:49

We stayed in a standard in Bognor a few years ago and it was disgusting. It wasn't clean, the living room/diner/bedroom/kitchen had a front wall that was a glass window so it never felt private. The bath was tiny, the bin had gunk round the rim. It was so unpleasant we upgraded for £50 to a silver and the difference was immense.

UntilTheCowsComeHome Tue 17-May-16 09:31:54

The beds in the caravan we stay in are lovely.

They're all privately owned so I suppose it depends though.

Have a look at Ukcaravans4hire there's loads on there.

When were you looking at going?

MiddleClassProblem Tue 17-May-16 09:37:58

Looking for next year with a big group of us. Young kids and adults.

MissBattleaxe that's my fear

UntilTheCowsComeHome Tue 17-May-16 09:44:47

www.lakesidecaravans.com

^ they own 3 caravans next to each other at Minehead, might be worth pricing up to compare with Butlins prices.

MiddleClassProblem Tue 17-May-16 10:20:31

Thank you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now