Help... What should we take with us?

(9 Posts)
SlapACatFuckADuck Thu 21-Apr-16 20:45:05

We're going to Butlins (Bognor Regis) on Monday DS2 is on prescription milk and is 10 months, I've always gone abroad and all inclusive so no Idea what to take! We've got the dining plan so it's only lunch that we'll need. So far we have;

Ds2's milk
bottles
food for DS2
swimming costumes for everyone
towels for everyone
clothes
pram
DS1's blanket
travel cot

That's all I can think of, is that it or am I missing somethign?!

SlapACatFuckADuck Fri 22-Apr-16 13:28:43

Anyone?

Twitterqueen Fri 22-Apr-16 13:30:12

Since it's going to be bloody freezing for the foreseeable future I would suggest lots of warm clothing!

FusionChefGeoff Fri 22-Apr-16 13:46:08

So is it self catering for lunch and are you going to sort food or just buy it? If it's self catering I usually take tea, milk, butter, cheese, ham, tuna, salt & pepper, ketchup, HP oil, vinegar, beans, bread, snacks, fruit, soft drinks, booze. Foil and Tupperware is useful. As is a wiping cloth, washing up liquid, tea towel but that might be provided.

Bibs / bowls / booster seats / cutlery for DCs? Puzzle books / toys 4 kids? Small, quiet and portable.

SlapACatFuckADuck Fri 22-Apr-16 19:10:06

Yeah we've just got to sort lunch but I think dp is buying that there!

Didn't even think about tea bags! Dp would be livid with no tea haha

Thank you!

maza22 Tue 26-Apr-16 07:13:23

Just have a think what you use everyday and pack it l.o.l i get kid's the vairity pack breakfast cereal sounds like you got everything sorted geoff the chef gave some good tip's....enjoy your hols

misscarlar Thu 28-Apr-16 11:30:13

The food is really expensive - there is a wetherspoons down the road which is alot cheaper for lunch stuff like coffee is about£3 so I would consider at least taking snacks and drinks bottles.

mamabluestar Sun 01-May-16 19:37:53

Happy holidays. Ive come on to ask a similar question, as we go to Skegness a week on Monday. Could I please ask how got in and if you have any tips, we slso have the dinning option booked. Thank you

SlapACatFuckADuck Mon 02-May-16 21:11:12

Hi Mama We got on great really loved it. Tbh we didn't need to take much as we brought lunch there! We did see another family though take a load of bread from the toasting station and bacon from the serving bit and they said they just reheated the bacon in the microwave lol! Suppose that saves you some money!

We took enough outfits for 4 days so 4 pj's, 4 tops, 4 trousers, 4 pants, 4 socks and jackets as it was pretty windy. Swimming costumes, armbands/rubber ring and towels. Shower gel, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, toys for the baby, travel cot, juice, milk and bottles for the baby, cookies, crisps, chocolate bars, money for the arcade. That was about it I believe! hope you have fun!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now