Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is travelodge the only cheap option in London ?

(22 Posts)
MozzchopsThirty Sat 16-Apr-16 22:33:56

Want to take dcs in August.
Looking at £210 for 3 nights in travelodge Covent Garden

Any other options?

Balletgirlmum Sat 16-Apr-16 22:38:09

Staying in Covent Garden is expensive even for travelodge.

We usually stay a bit further out, somewhere like premier in South Kensington or kings cross. Also some of the Park Grand group hotels are reasonable.

Balletgirlmum Sat 16-Apr-16 22:39:00

Actually £210 is good for 3 nights in August. We'd expect to pay around that for 2 nights.

SuffolkNWhat Sat 16-Apr-16 22:41:11

Look at other hotels. We found it cheaper to stay at the Grange Holbourn than at the Travelodge (July, 2 nights when we go see The Cursed Child)

twirlypoo Sat 16-Apr-16 22:44:53

I always stay at easy hotels now. Good locations, you know what you are getting (very basic!) but does the job!

MozzchopsThirty Sat 16-Apr-16 23:21:27

Thanks will look at easy

I've stayed at the grange before but expensive for when we go

SheHasAWildHeart Mon 18-Apr-16 11:04:54

We stayed at Hilton Double Tree for around £70 a night - it was a 'secret hotel' on lastminute.com. It was a tube ride away from central London but worth it.

MozzchopsThirty Mon 18-Apr-16 12:27:11

Im travelling on my own with two dcs so Id like to know where Im staying.
If its just me then i dont really care and would do secret hotel thing

buzzpop Mon 18-Apr-16 12:32:05

Try tune hotels, near major stations and very clean

Solasum Mon 18-Apr-16 12:37:08

YMCA/YHA?

Groovee Sun 08-May-16 17:47:00

We stay at the premier inn at Tower Bridge. Often got it for a decent price including breakfast for the 4 of us.

JonSnowsBeardClippings Sun 08-May-16 17:52:11

Airbnb! Loads on there for that sort of price

Antiopa12 Sun 08-May-16 17:57:50

the university of London accommodation office does short stay lets in summer of student accommodation when the students go home.At least they used to.

chachaboom Wed 11-May-16 22:34:58

Cricklewood Travelodge is (basic bitches) cheap and great if you're coming from the M4- outside the congestion charge, free parking, down the road from the Tube. Takes a while to travel to the centre and you have to pay obvs but if like us rural folk you're there for the whole London thing it's exciting.

WriteforFun1 Wed 11-May-16 22:40:12

OP I'm impressed you got that price. Last time a friend had to stay central she paid more for a place with damp in the walls. How far in advance did you book?

GioventuCosmetics Sat 14-May-16 08:16:12

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Chattermummy Sat 14-May-16 08:20:56

We rented an apartment in London for 2 nights, was in great location and worked out cheaper than any hotel

EddieStobbart Sat 14-May-16 08:25:51

Premier inn and Travelodge in Greenwich are often a bit cheaper than elsewhere. I love Greenwich so that suits me perfectly.

CuntingDMjournos Sat 14-May-16 08:28:03

I second Tune hotels.
I think that is a good price also!

KayJBee Sat 14-May-16 08:31:01

University halls let rooms over the summer. Cheap, clean, good breakfast, central locations. Google university accommodation London and you'll find lots. Not sure how many kids you have but I've stayed in triple rooms a couple of times. If there's 4 or more of you, there may be limited choice as most student rooms won't take 4 beds.

Squeegle Sat 14-May-16 08:31:22

Premier inn is much nicer than TL. Try Greenwich or somewhere like Stratford which is a nice new hotel and easy to get in to the centre from but much cheaper

EddieStobbart Sat 14-May-16 08:33:10

I stayed in a Tune hotel which was great even with no windows (no noise!). I haven't seen one that takes more than two people and a baby though. I find Travelodge and Premier inn are pretty much the only places to find affordable family rooms. I'd love to find a nice pub with rooms that would just stick an extra bed in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now