Talk

Advanced search

centre parcs - need tips on what take

(13 Posts)
gingermumi Wed 30-Mar-16 17:36:26

Going to centre parcs this weekend - dh and I are both 50 this year so this is our 'pressie'to us. Just to clarify we are taking ds (8) too. We have booked a couple of activities and a meal. I went 20 years ago and have forgotten what to take and what's included especially in the normal lodges. We are taking bikes. I thought towels, tea towels, washing up liquid, dish washer tabs.... any suggestions gratefully received. ...

PicaK Thu 31-Mar-16 12:32:12

You need your own towels for the pool but their towels are lovely, big, white fluffy ones in the appt. We took microfleece towels on our last visit and they were fab because took up so little space in your bag - camping shops/Decathlon have them.
There's usually 1 teatowel, 1 dishcloth, 2-3 dishwasher tabs and tiny sample sachets of washing up liquid. I bring my own with me.
I also bring handsoap for every sink, salt, pepper, oil. Plus plastic bags for the rubbish bin as they only give you 1 - read recycling labels clearly as it may well b v different to what you're uses to. But they've got it all in the parc market though.
The hairdryers are ok. I always take IKEA bags for the swim pool lockers. The logs are 9.99 for 3 so i tend to buy those before but the wine is reasonably priced in the shop.
Take bird food to feed the animals outside your window and have a lovely time.

Kraggle Thu 31-Mar-16 12:37:08

Giant bag of nuts for the squirrels/birds
Condiments like salt, pepper, vinegar, ketchup, Mayo if you are going to be eating in your lodge
Few extra dishwasher tabs
Extra toilet roll or two
Rubbish bags

That's mostly it. If you have a comfort then you will need your own towels I think but comfort plus and above towels are included but you will need towels for the pool, oh and a few spare £1 coins for the lockers.

MuddhaOfSuburbia Thu 31-Mar-16 12:41:43

All the above plus a suitcase full of quids

ExpandingRoundTheMiddle Thu 31-Mar-16 12:44:18

Lube and extra safe condoms?
Well someone had to say it grin
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/mumsnet_classics/a1385104-Center-Parcs-Anal-sex

Lovely candles and a packable mac are always on my list. And I take fowers too.

ExpandingRoundTheMiddle Thu 31-Mar-16 12:44:41

Flowers thanks

TrainBridge Thu 31-Mar-16 12:47:19

I take:
Washing up gloves
Washing up liquid
J cloth
Matches
Kitchen towel
Silver foil
Tissues
Bin bags
Loo roll

Snacks
Tea
Coffee

Dalmatian2017 Thu 31-Mar-16 12:49:34

Diaralite.

Hulababy Thu 31-Mar-16 12:59:51

We found the shop similar prices to using your local shops. So not as cheap as a big supermarket chain such as Asda/Morrison, but not overly expensive either. And the ones we have been too have been well stocked with a decent variety in. Though we tend to eat out mostly, or use their takeaway options. I don't want to be cooking on holiday much, other than some breakfast.

I do tend to take own teabags though as prefer own choices, and own toiletries , plus toilet roll.

If cycling - own helmets and a lock.

We didn't bother taking swim towels - they were about £2 each to hire each day, o found that easier. Hire charge may well have gone up now though as its probably 3-4 years since we went.

Twinkie1 Thu 31-Mar-16 13:01:33

Dioralyte!

Only been once and got the worst tummy bug I've ever encountered.

A group of friends go loads and one of them is always stuck down with food poisoning or a tummy bug each and every bloody time.

BiddyPop Thu 07-Apr-16 14:51:42

I have a shoe box for self catering type hols, including CP.

I fill a 100ml bottle (like your airline bottles) with washup liquid from home, that usually does the week. And a handful of dishwasher tablets (I bring about 5 so I can run it daily if we need to).

A pair of silicone oven gloves. A new washup sponge, a couple of new Jcloths (leave both behind). 2/3 bin bags, handful of Ziploc sandwich bags (for picnics, leftovers in fridge, wet togs etc). I also have an old box of icecube bags that I being, easier than trays on hols and they'll eventually all get used!

A 250ml bottle of olive oil (I have an old bottle that I just fill at home). A salt, pepper and a chill mill (the glass bottles from the spices aisle that have a twistable mill built into the lid). Sachets of ketchup from McDs or similar (and any mustard, mayonnaise, soy sauce or vinegar I find beforehand too) - instead of bringing bottles that I'd want to bring remains home. If you are not massive users of sugar, gather a handful of those from coffee shops ahead of time too.

Matches, nightlight candles, firelighters, (and a couple of firelogs and a portable BBQ for CP).

Chalk. Pack of cards. A board game. Favourite DVDs.

I have a small sharp knife, a small wooden spoon, a corkscrew, tinopener, and a small chopping board in my shoebox too - I've been stung too many times about being unable to cook in SC accommodations!

We do a supermarket shop after we get off the ferry before getting to CP - and I include toilet roll, kitchen roll, tin foil (small roll), ground coffee (I bring a stainless steel plunger from home that stands up well to getting thrown around), and basically a food shop for most of the week including a few treats for us all, lots of fruit (and limes!), breakfasts, the makings of maybe 3-4 lunches and 2-3 dinners, and a decent bottle of gin and a couple of boxes of nice wine (boxes transport easier and we have enough self control to stop after a couple of glasses each per night so last better). And some nice toiletries (including the ability to have a lovely relaxing bath one evening! see nightlights! and wine!).

BiddyPop Thu 07-Apr-16 14:52:44

And rain gear.

It ALWAYS rains in CP! But nothing is more fun than walking through a forest in the rain, listening to the drops and the animals/birds, and seeing molehills popping up in front of you!

gingermumi Sat 09-Apr-16 20:33:57

Thanks one and all. Had a fab time. Hire towels are still £2 per day :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now