Help. Need a hotel near the National Watersports Centre Nottingham

(9 Posts)
marmiteloversunite Mon 21-Mar-16 12:17:06

My DD is rowing at the Watersports centre in April. I would ideally like a hotel which is near the centre so I don't have to keep driving in and out of central Nottingham. Any ideas gratefully received. The actual hotel at the national Watersports centre is fully booked.

marmiteloversunite Mon 21-Mar-16 12:46:10

I also want parking at the hotel.

marmiteloversunite Mon 21-Mar-16 19:47:37

Bumping for evening traffic.

AndOnAndOn Mon 21-Mar-16 20:05:55

We discovered that there is a lack of good hotels in that area. Have a search online for bed and breakfasts in West Bridgford- no need to go into the City. I've heard the Beeches on Wilford Lane is nice but I've never stayed myself- the bar/restaurant is nice though?

marmiteloversunite Mon 21-Mar-16 20:55:51

Thank you for replying!! Didn't think I would get any replies tbh!! Will have a look at those suggestions. Seems mad there is such a big sporting centre there with such a lack of accommodation.

marmiteloversunite Tue 22-Mar-16 09:51:03

Thanks for the help Andonandon I have booked The Beeches. You have saved me hours of trawling the net. smilethanks

AndOnAndOn Tue 22-Mar-16 14:57:37

Great stuff, I hope it is nice for you!

ukgirlatheart Wed 23-Mar-16 14:09:00

The Watersports Centre is NOT in the City Centre. The Beeches is a small independent hotel with a pool I think. It is about a 10min drive to WSC.

There is a Pub nearby for evening meals opposite WSC called The Gamston Lock or if you head into West Bridgford which is a small town 3 mins drive there are some fabulous bars and restaurants - ie Cotes, Pizza Express, Yamucha, Copper - definately worth a visit

marmiteloversunite Wed 23-Mar-16 19:53:18

Thank you UKGIRL for the info. It is difficult travelling to a different area and looking for somewhere to eat etc. I think my DD might just pass out in the evenings after rowing during the day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now