Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Devon/Cornwall with 15 month old and grandparents

(8 Posts)
Bohemond Wed 16-Mar-16 08:58:15

I just don't know where to start with this so hoping for advice.

DH and I are planning to go on holiday with my parents for a week with our 15 month old (correction - I am going for the week and DH will join us for a few days grin). Probably June/early July ie out of school hols.

Ideally we would like to stay somewhere where we can just 'be' and not have to get in the car to do everything. I'd like some activities eg a play area for DS and possibly an indoor children's pool and the ability to walk a bit. Self catering but decent lunch places nearby. A holiday park would be fine if the accommodation is nice.

We would like a sandy beach but happy to drive to that.

We also like our space so would need either 3 bed accommodation or, even better, be able to book two adjacent.

Any ideas o wise mumsnetters....

Pooseyfrumpture Wed 16-Mar-16 09:27:06

Helpful Holidays have a great website where you can check all sorts of options, like pool/fenced garden/distance from beach.

Bohemond Wed 16-Mar-16 12:25:02

Thanks Poosey I'll take a look at that

mummymeister Wed 16-Mar-16 13:41:18

you tend to find that the holiday parks with things to do, a pool etc aren't within walking distance of the sea in cornwall. places in the towns and villages by the sea tend to be individual cottages so you might have to decide which is more important - things to do on site or being within walking distance of the town or sea.

we stay HERE It is a short drive to Looe with a swimming pool, childrens play area and barn and farm animals.

you might find a caravan park near to the sea but would suggest you need a bit more space if you have an active toddler indoors plus you don't want to be creeping around when they are in bed.

SmallBee Wed 16-Mar-16 13:43:39

We went to Bude and it was great. Lots to do in a very short distance and some lovely beaches.

OhSoGraceful Wed 16-Mar-16 13:46:25

Harlyn Sands at harlyn bay, play area, indoor pool and easy toddle to the beach.

beckslovestimmy Wed 16-Mar-16 14:15:02

We've been to St Ives bay holiday park in Hayle a couple of times. DD is now 3. It's a caravan park. It's in beautiful grounds and next to the most beautiful (massive) beach I've ever seen. Lovely clean indoor pool and park areas. Nightly children's and adult entertainment. You would need to car though I think unless happy to use public transport, buses and train station near by. Park has a restaurant with good quality reasonably priced food and a small shop for essentials. There is a huge asda just down the road and a lidl or aldi. The kitchen in the caravan is bigger than mine at home and more than adequate for cooking for a family. We stayed in an osprey caravan which has 3 bedrooms and large living space. Separate shower and toilet. There are also chalets and houses available on site. Very family orientated.

Bohemond Wed 16-Mar-16 18:16:45

Thank you everyone - these all sound very promising.
Becks, funnily enough we know Hayle/Gwithian very well. I worked on the ASDA project and many moons ago DG and I nearly bought the pub in Gwithian Village.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now