Talk

Advanced search

Things to do with kids near Barnstaple, North Devon?

(8 Posts)
user1456943874 Sat 12-Mar-16 13:24:42

Going on holiday during Easter (2nd week). We are staying near Barnstaple, self-catering. I just wondered if anyone had any personal recommendations of things to do, especially with children. Ages of kids in our group start from 3 up to 6, boys and girls.

I have seen bits on the internet and we have also visited Woolacombe and Lynton/Lynmouth in the past, which are great. But just like to hear from people who have been to other attractions/local beaches/nice towns etc.

Thanks! smile

mummymeister Sat 12-Mar-16 15:45:05

if the big sheep isn't too far away then I would definitely say go there fore the day.

user1456943874 Sat 12-Mar-16 16:10:16

Great, thanks Mummymeister, I think it's easy enough to get too, so good to know it's worth visiting 👍👍

ShowOfHands Sat 12-Mar-16 16:16:05

We like Watermouth Castle and The Big Sheep.

Chenshaw Sat 12-Mar-16 21:59:26

We used to spend lots of time at the 'Cobbaton Combat Collection' when we were young. Helped that it was owned by our next door neighbour! Big sheep and Wayermouth castle as Others have said were always a nice treat, not to mention all the free beaches! Squires fish and chip shop/ restaurant on the way to santon sands was always a favourite.

Chenshaw Sat 12-Mar-16 22:00:04

Saunton

pussinwellyboots Mon 14-Mar-16 00:57:04

We love Arlington Court (NT) - 2 wonderful woodland play areas, carriage museum, and they'll probably have an Easter egg hunt on. If weathers good, head to the beach ( Putsbourgh or Saunton) and having 2 boys who like all things transport, the Woody Bay railway and heading to Lynton/Lynmouth using the funicular railway are also a big hit.

user1456943874 Wed 16-Mar-16 12:37:50

Ah thanks guys!
Those suggestions are great.
We are going to try The Big Sheep and Watermouth Castle which sounds quite quirky from reading the reviews.
Hadn't heard of Arlington Court so going to check that out. I do love a good NT place.
We are also going back to Lynton and Lynmouth. Our girls are a bit older now so will hopefully enjoy the train :-)
Of course, a lot of this depends on the weather... does a sun dance

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now