Ideas for a week away with teenagers in the summer

(8 Posts)
whostolethesocks Fri 29-Jan-16 14:46:00

I'd like to book somewhere this year for myself and two boys (14 and 17). I want somewhere where we can spend a bit of time together (probably the last holiday I'll have with the 17 year old), do a bit of exploring, doing a bit of relaxing and where there's something for them to do/go to have a little bit of freedom (away from me) if they wish. I don't really want to drive abroad. Any suggestions please - UK, Europe or further afield...

Floralnomad Fri 29-Jan-16 14:48:27

If you like theme parks you could go to Port Aventura , they could go in the park as and when , there are beaches / swimming pools ,a water park and it's close enough to Barcelona for a day trip.

Costacoffeeplease Fri 29-Jan-16 14:49:23

I live in Carvoeiro in the Algarve and if you're happy to let your kids have a bit of freedom, this is somewhere you can do it. Small resort, you can't get lost, no big nightclubs, but there are places with live music, especially on the square down by the beach, and it's generally safe, family friendly resort

How about a city break? London? Berlin? We did London with a couple of teens a few years ago and it was great - plenty to do together, and also plenty of places to 'lose' them for a few hours or more! I think berlin would work well for this too.

GloriaHotcakes Fri 29-Jan-16 21:23:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Themodernuriahheep Fri 29-Jan-16 21:26:37

Do they like water? If do, eg Malta, hideous but v safe, great snorkelling, some culture, drive on the left....

Ditto Minorca. Less built up and so less hideous. Less easy to get around.

London, great, I'd say Paris despite recent events, Edinburgh out of the festival, though festival fabby too, Rome, Barcelona provided they are sensible and avoid eg La Rambla side streets and being there at night.

whostolethesocks Sat 30-Jan-16 12:31:05

Thanks for ideas. We know London quite well but Edinburgh is an idea. One of them has been to Paris on a school trip but none of us has been to Berlin. One of them likes theme parks and the other doesn't and they are not great water sports boys. Lots to think about though!

Themodernuriahheep Sat 30-Jan-16 12:45:35

If you are prepared to go before the summer, go in the football breaks site, if they like football. Brilliant organisation, you choose the game, your ticket price range, your hotel and flights. We've done barca and Paris this way. Couldn't do Rome because out of season but intend to do Munich. Gives a focus and easy peasy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now