Talk

Advanced search

Any hotel rooms for a family of 6?

(33 Posts)
tiredmumof4 Mon 25-Jan-16 19:53:31

Does anybody know of any hotels in the UK where you can book a single room that can fit 6 people it in?
I have 4 small children (all of whom sleep in beds not cots), who are too young to be in a separate room. However, despite searching loads of sites, I have been unable to find a hotel in the south west that can fit us all in - either a room for 6 that includes my husband, or a room for 5 without him. I was hoping to take the children away for a night during the half term holidays, but despite widening my search area, I have still not found anywhere.
Any recommendations gratefully received - ideally for the south west, but anywhere appreciated as I have come up against this problem before, and I fear we will have to avoid all hotels until they are grown up. Many thanks

RNBrie Mon 25-Jan-16 19:57:12

Could you do adjoining rooms and keep the door open?

Whatdoidohelp Mon 25-Jan-16 19:59:41

I'be been helping a friend search for a room for her, her dh and 3 kids and a baby. It's impossible. Best bet would be adjoining rooms. Otherwise try calling some hotels and see what configurations they could offer you.

hesterton Mon 25-Jan-16 20:01:11

Maybe a youth hostel might be better?

RNBrie Mon 25-Jan-16 20:01:21

And maybe try the Premier Inn (sorry, not classy) they have a family friendly policy. They might add a couple more beds for you in one of their family rooms.

hesterton Mon 25-Jan-16 20:01:46

I mean, a kind of dorm for 6, obviously not sharing with strangers.

hesterton Mon 25-Jan-16 20:02:00

Bath has one.

homebythesea Mon 25-Jan-16 20:02:28

Airbnb or similar holiday lets might be better for your requirements? Why does it have to be a hotel? This us how most people I know deal with larger families whilst children are too young for their own hotel rooms!

RNBrie Mon 25-Jan-16 20:02:46

Youth hostel is a great idea. You can get separate family rooms, I'm one of 4 siblings and we grew up only ever holidaying in youth hostels for this exact reason!

PennyHasNoSurname Mon 25-Jan-16 20:02:56

Some hotels have Suites - all behind one bedroom door, a lobby, bathroom, king bedroom (with space for a rollout bed) and a lounge (with sofabed for two kids and space for a rollout bed)

tiredmumof4 Mon 25-Jan-16 20:05:25

I was only thinking of hotels but sometimes you just need the one night, especially if there is something like a wedding, whereas holiday lets and caravans often have a minimum 3 night stay. Hostels sound a good idea thank you

BonitaFangita Mon 25-Jan-16 20:07:12

Don't shoot me down in flames tiredmum but have you looked at hostels?
There are some very pleasant hotel style ones around the UK and usually have larger rooms to accommodate more people.
try somewhere like this
Hope you have a fab holiday

BonitaFangita Mon 25-Jan-16 20:08:02

Sorry X posted with everyone! blush

ImperialBlether Mon 25-Jan-16 20:10:23

Have a look at the Youth Hostel in Bath. They have en suite family rooms which sleep six.

ImperialBlether Mon 25-Jan-16 20:13:28

Just read the reviews on Trip Advisor - maybe not!

What about getting two triple rooms in a Travel Lodge so you and your husband sleep separately and each have two children with you?

Mrsderekshepard Mon 25-Jan-16 20:14:45

We normally book a family room so 2 single beds and a double bed and our youngest sleeps in the double with us. Normally a traveloge or premier inn

FanSpamTastic Mon 25-Jan-16 20:19:32

Woolley Grange Hotel near Bath. Not stayed there but found it on sleeps5.com.

We have only 3 but have the same issue. We have stayed in a variety of YHA hostels. Some are fab, some not so. I can recommend Ilam Hall in Derbyshire and Alnwick YHA.

FanSpamTastic Mon 25-Jan-16 20:19:41

Woolley Grange Hotel near Bath. Not stayed there but found it on sleeps5.com.

We have only 3 but have the same issue. We have stayed in a variety of YHA hostels. Some are fab, some not so. I can recommend Ilam Hall in Derbyshire and Alnwick YHA.

FanSpamTastic Mon 25-Jan-16 20:20:08

Oops blush

tiredmumof4 Mon 25-Jan-16 20:25:34

These are great recommendations - thank you - good to hear from people who are in the same boat

chunters Mon 25-Jan-16 20:29:03

Not quite a hotel room and a long way from the South West (unless you mean South West Scotland!) but Auchrannie Resort auchrannie.co.uk/ is a resort /spa hotel that has 2 and 3 bedroom lodges in the grounds that can accommodate 6. I had to search for 3 adults and 3 children as the max number of children is 3! The lodges can be booked self catering, B&B, D,B&B or Dinner no breakfast.

We are a family of 5 and really struggle finding hotel rooms. We have booked a half term break here and are really looking forward to it.

CointreauVersial Mon 25-Jan-16 21:19:39

Look on the Accor website for a Novotel or Ibis hotel - they often have rooms next to each other with interconnecting doors. You book two rooms, which sleep 3 people in each.

mummymeister Tue 26-Jan-16 15:29:23

sleeps5.com is a good place to start. we ended up with 1 of us in one room with a selection of the children and 1 of us in an adjacent room. its pants but rooms are set up for 2+2 or 2+2+baby at most. never fancied going down the hostel route. just not for me really would sooner sleep in a separate room away from DH and his snoring

sacbina Fri 29-Jan-16 23:56:23

I'd recommend youth hostels if you can get the room or configuration that suits you. They've changed loads in recent years ☺

Chimchar Sat 30-Jan-16 20:59:21

Coppid Beach Hotel in Bracknell is fab. There are 5 of us, and we get a suite...two rooms (not separated by a door...just an archway) with a double bed in one and two bed settees in the other. Tv in each room, en suite, grotty swimming pool on site. They charge the same as a normal room.

They are really family friendly, and it's in a great location for legoland, Harry Potter studios etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now