Talk

Advanced search

Rural cottage in N Wales

(9 Posts)
Stevie77 Mon 11-Jan-16 23:08:21

I'm looking for a quiet (out of town) rural cottage in the Criccieth area. I've looked in all the usual websites but most are booked for the time I'm interested in; owners direct, homeaway, Sawsays, Sykes cottages...

Can anyone recommend other websites?

mummymeister Tue 12-Jan-16 10:52:38

Have a look around the Porthmadog area. there is a good tourist information centre there and they are worth a phone call to see what they have on their books and what might be available.

school summer holidays??

Stevie77 Tue 12-Jan-16 10:56:18

Thanks. No, Feb half term!
Who are all these super organised people?!?

mummymeister Tue 12-Jan-16 11:32:33

Stevie77 - the people who have booked all the places you have been looking at first, obviously grin

Quite a few places in Wales might not be open as their tourism "season" doesn't really seem to get going until Easter. are you set on wales or would you consider other areas like Cornwall, Devon or the Lakes where they tend to be more all year round. some places show as being booked when in fact the owners just don't want to take bookings or they are on a 6 month winter let. have you tried the local tourist board website? Stilwells or airbandb. remember to put in whole house in the search bar for airbandb though.

SecretSpy Tue 12-Jan-16 11:45:21

I booked our summer week in Wales in December grin

I've booked with Nefyn Holidays in the past, not sure if they cover Criccieth too but certainly close.

Stevie77 Tue 12-Jan-16 11:51:48

I salut these people, who book their holidays a year in advance. We tend to be more spontaneous. I can't think that far ahead!

Quite set on Wales and that particular area TBH. There's enough to do and keep us & kids busy, with the nearby towns, castles, Snowdonia, beaches etc. Even if it rains. Also, we only want 3 nights and coming from Manchester so doesn't make sense to go much further.

I'm never sure with the lakes. My memory of Windermere is that it was boring, wet and smelled of bird faeces confused

Will check out stilwells as never heard of them and not thought about ABnB, thanks!

mummymeister Tue 12-Jan-16 13:51:32

you can only be spontaneous if:
1. its outside school holidays
2. you either have bottomless pockets or no sense of dirt.

lastminute-cottages is another website worth a look as this would be considered a last minute booking.

check that all the places you want to see in N Wales are going to be open stevie77 as wales does tend to shut for the winter and not really get going until Easter.

cant see the lakes using your views as an advertising slogan but it made me chuckle.

victoryinthekitchen Sun 17-Jan-16 15:21:39

we used 'wales cottages' website, really helpful and had a lovely farmhouse last year.

lavazzzalover Sat 30-Jan-16 18:32:03

www.criccieth-holiday-cottage.com/

www.rhos-cottages.co.uk/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now