Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Renting 2 or 3 small cottages for large group - UK coast?

(12 Posts)
FunkyPeacock Wed 06-Jan-16 20:57:16

We would like to rent 2 or 3 smaller properties on the same site for a big extended family group (we prefer our own space so 1 large property not ideal!)

Does anyone know of any places on English or Welsh coast that might suit us?

Somewhere with a hint of luxury would be fabulous but needs to be suitable for children too

RedKites Wed 06-Jan-16 21:33:53

There's lots of different properties here in Devon . Child friendly but I would say a nice place for the adults too.

FunkyPeacock Wed 06-Jan-16 21:59:20

Thanks Redkites - looks great!

mummymeister Thu 07-Jan-16 14:43:15

we have stayed HERE quite a few times. they have 7 or 8 cottages of different sizes. when are you looking at going?

DesertOrDessert Thu 07-Jan-16 15:47:47

York's??

No1HolidayPlanner Thu 07-Jan-16 18:03:56

Have a look at www.premiercottages.co.uk. They offer four and five star cottages, many are cottage complexes with shared pools.

FunkyPeacock Thu 07-Jan-16 18:04:03

We are looking to go at the end of Aug - that place in Cornwall looks great mummymeister but guessing it won't be cheap in school summer hols!

FunkyPeacock Thu 07-Jan-16 18:05:38

Driffield is a bit too close to home Dessert (I grew up in Scarbados and live in W Yorks now!)

NicoleWatterson Thu 07-Jan-16 18:18:59

Court farm in marhamchurch just outside bude sounds like it will tick the box. Cottages of all sizes, kids playground (in and out) if I remember rightly some of the gardens have gates to link them if you wanted to. Pool, animals to visit, chickens to collect eggs from, lovely pub over the road, baby sitting service and some beautiful beautiful sandy beaches near by.
It's only just into Cornwall so a good base for exploring Cornwall and Devon

mummymeister Fri 08-Jan-16 09:52:48

FunkyPeacock - nowhere is cheap in August school holidays smile don't know what their prices are but worth giving them a call to find out. what is your budget like then?

WhoKn0wsWhereTheMistletoes Fri 08-Jan-16 09:57:10

Yes to Court Farm, although last tine we went (2.5 years ago) the pub was closed down.

FunkyPeacock Fri 08-Jan-16 14:02:46

Yes - I know nowhere will be cheap but I'm guessing that Cornwall will be more expensive than majority of other UK destinations - I might be wrong as haven't been for years it was just the impression I get

Thanks for all the recommendations I'll do sons research on availability & prices this weekend

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now