Talk

Advanced search

Transport museum or Natural History?

(9 Posts)
Gattabianca Tue 01-Dec-15 16:53:55

I'm taking my 3yo DS to London for first time next month. I lived in London when I was a child but haven't lived there for a long time. I loved both Transport and NH museums when I was little but we only have time to go to one. Which would you choose?

cestlavielife Tue 01-Dec-15 23:20:35

If into dinosaurs nh otherwise transport

DramaAlpaca Tue 01-Dec-15 23:22:16

Natural History definitely, my DC used to love it when they were small.

Sedona123 Tue 01-Dec-15 23:24:59

Definitely the transport museum. We took DS aged 4 to both recently. The Natural History museum kept his attention for all of about 40 mins, but we were in the transport museum about 90 mins, and still had to persuade him to leave. 😀

TinselSparkle Tue 01-Dec-15 23:46:25

I'd say transport. There is a great toddlers area there which is good for when they have got bored of looking at real trains etc and just want to play.

howabout Tue 01-Dec-15 23:56:13

My DD3 loves dinosaurs. We went to see a lecture given by the paleantologist in charge of the T-Rex autopsy when she was 3. He kept her and the adults and older children enthralled. Google pinnochio rex and did you know raptors had feathers and were probably colourful. You can see I am voting Natural History Museum.

Gattabianca Wed 02-Dec-15 15:22:54

Thanks for all the replies, though I'm still not sure which one to go for.
We'll probably go on a Sunday - how busy is it likely to be? Will natural history be much busier?

ArcheryAnnie Wed 02-Dec-15 16:15:07

A good way to tell how busy Natural History is in advance of going is to look at the twitter feed @NHM_Visiting

This gives queue times at each of the entrances and the dinos, with frequent updates, including when there is no queue.

cestlavielife Wed 02-Dec-15 17:39:09

where are you travelling from? see which is closest eg transport museum easy to get to on bus from kings x/waterloo/euston

paddington you could get bus to kensington

transport museum near covent garden v nice at xmas lots going on.

nhm nice outside see ice skating go across to harrods toy floor ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now