Talk

Advanced search

searching for bleak, battered coastline and terrible weather

(8 Posts)
nevereverhaveiever Fri 13-Nov-15 13:27:24

I want windy cliff tops and stinging rain and very little sign of human life for miles except being able to return soaking wet to a nice country hotel with a log fire.

I was thinking scottish borders, but DH says that's too far. Anything a little bit closer?

YellowOfficeBlock Fri 13-Nov-15 13:29:07

Closer to where?

PseudoBadger Fri 13-Nov-15 13:30:31

North Norfolk

glenthebattleostrich Fri 13-Nov-15 13:30:51

Northumberland is a tiny bit closer or tyneside.

nevereverhaveiever Fri 13-Nov-15 13:36:03

sorry - closer to the south, but I like the sound of north norfolk and northumberland

ouryve Fri 13-Nov-15 13:39:21

If you want proper cliff tops, you need the Yorkshire coast, rather than Northumberland, which tends to have dunes. You need to watch they don't disappear from under your feet, though. My parents' house is a mile from the coast and, at the current rate, it's got a century at the most before it falls into the sea!

usual Fri 13-Nov-15 13:42:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Fink Fri 13-Nov-15 13:45:34

Definitely second Northumberland.

If it swings the distance thing, I found living in the north-east and travelling to parents in the south-east much easier by both train and road than travelling to (now ex-)PIL a shorter distance but cross-country. So either Scottish borders or Northumberland might not take as long as you think. London-Devon takes me longer than London-Newcastle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now