Any ideas for a cheap beach holiday?

(5 Posts)
AuntieMeemz Tue 10-Nov-15 22:10:25

We have camped for many years, but recently given up as we are getting old and its too much work packing, unpacking, setting up etc etc. We have 2 fairly young children too. I've thought of youth hostels, National Trust and euro camping in the UK, but wondered if anyone else has any ideas? I've thought of home exchange too, but doubt we would get a beach place in the school holidays.
I will be jobless in a few weeks, so the cheaper options would be good. Has anyone got any ideas? (we don't shop at Tesco anymore, so Tesco vouchers are not an option).

OP’s posts: |
mummymeister Thu 12-Nov-15 16:13:52

its almost impossible to find something cheap in school summer holidays - more so since the Gove reforms as now everyone has to be off at the same time. what is your budget like then? house swops only work if you have somewhere desirable to swop - ie from a location point of view. National trust properties are very expensive and youth hostels need careful choosing if you are going with children. camping is the cheapest option - glamping is often as expensive as cottage/caravan holidays. if we know your budget then someone might be able to give you some specific places to try. if you are thinking of a cottage then around £400 - £600 pw for 4 of you would be at the cheaper end.

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Thu 12-Nov-15 16:27:45

Try Northumberland? Cottages and static caravans will be far cheaper there than the south west. Beaches are lovely.

Sadik Thu 12-Nov-15 16:33:44

The Field Studies Council Real Family Holidays are £20 pp/per night full board and when we've stayed with them you really don't need to spend anything more.

imjustahead Thu 12-Nov-15 16:37:10

where do you live, if you're thinking of exchange?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in