Talk

Advanced search

Splash Landings Hotel - good for 10 year olds?

(13 Posts)
ukgirlatheart Sun 11-Oct-15 13:34:10

Thinking of going for 2 nights between Christmas and NY - with DS age 10.

Is there enough good slides etc for a 10 yr old?

ruddynorah Sun 11-Oct-15 13:36:31

Yes. Though not sure you need two nights.Are you travelling far?

ukgirlatheart Sun 11-Oct-15 13:38:43

nope prob hour away
just wanted something to do suppose 1 night 2 days is enough, do you get entry to Alton Towers as well if you book hotel?

Notthecarwashagain Sun 11-Oct-15 13:48:54

The park closes early November sometime.

ruddynorah Sun 11-Oct-15 13:50:13

The park isn't available after the fireworks event early November.

Notthecarwashagain Sun 11-Oct-15 13:50:53

My sentence makes no sense blush
The park closes in November. Not sure what date!

Floralnomad Sun 11-Oct-15 13:55:02

Splash Landings Hotel is awful IMO ,the waterpark is ok but lots of it is outdoors so will probably be closed during the winter .

AnchorDownDeepBreath Sun 11-Oct-15 13:57:25

It's okay, we took a 5 and 8 year old and the 8 year old was done after a few hours. We went into the park and around the local area but the park itself closes in November so if you're looking at going in December, that won't be an option.

It's quite expensive for what it is, and I'd be hesitant at taking them back again - it's quite sparse and there just wasn't enough to do.

ukgirlatheart Sun 11-Oct-15 16:35:33

ok crossed off my list

Helloall1 Tue 13-Oct-15 20:56:03

Hi, it re-opens on boxing day. We went last year, it was so lovely as it had snowed heavily and the outdoor bit was still open. It was fun swimming outdoors, surrounded by snow. Quite a few slides to keep entertained. It was mainly just the Cbeebies area of the theme park open.

Hope this helps OP

JediJim Tue 13-Feb-18 08:22:50

Thought I’d revive this thread rather than start a new one. Thinking of going to Akron Towers/ CBeebies land in early July. Before the summer holidays and during week days. Theres going to be four adults and our daughter who will be three by then.
Do you think it will be busy at this time? The price seems reasonable, two nights and 2 days park entry including breakfast at the hotel. Just over £600 for all of us.
The hotel does have a water park but entry isn’t included. We’re not sure whether to go or not without seeing it first but the website does state it’s better to book first due to guarantee you get a ticket. Again, we are going before the kids break up for summer.
Anyone been recently?

JediJim Tue 13-Feb-18 08:24:14

Sorry for the poor grammar above, bloody predictive text!

buckyou Sat 17-Feb-18 07:24:37

I would expect it to be fairly busy but not packed. You might have to queue a bit for rides etc. But not excessively.

We live locally so go a bit and stayed at Christmas. We had a lovely time. The water park is decent. It’s £14 to swim or they sometimes have a deal on for £7 for parent / toddler although areas you can go are restricted.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: