Talk

Advanced search

Any really good adventure parks in Weymouth or nearby?

(10 Posts)
PlayingHouse Sat 08-Aug-15 01:40:41

Dd1 loves parks, esp new ones with monkey bars.

We are off on holiday for a week to Weymouth soon and I wondered if there were any parks around for her?

PlayingHouse Sat 08-Aug-15 09:19:21

PlayingHouse Sun 09-Aug-15 14:12:47

PlayingHouse Sun 09-Aug-15 19:21:41

PlayingHouse Mon 10-Aug-15 08:48:44

Anyone?

Barbeasty Mon 10-Aug-15 09:34:02

Would Ringwood be too far away?

We went to Moors Valley country park at the weekend. It had a really good play trails, with lots of climbing equipment dotted around (we were dragging the DC off each thing to move on and it took about 2 hours to get around). We didn't make it to the park area but I've been told it's good. And it has Go Ape if that would be of interest.

PlayingHouse Mon 10-Aug-15 20:28:41

Moors is about an hour away I think.

Is it worth an hours drive?

Barbeasty Mon 10-Aug-15 21:45:09

Hard to say. We spent 4 hours there, including picnic time, and only left because we wanted to go to the beach too.

We didn't even get to the playground areas, which I've been told are awesome and could occupy another hour or 2.

You might be better asking for advice on one of the local pages- we'd travelled a couple of hours to get there on the way to family in Bournemouth.

PlayingHouse Tue 11-Aug-15 15:17:18

Thanks Barbeasty. It does sound as if its worth it. A full day out. I think all 3 DC would really enjoy it.

Raeray Tue 11-Aug-15 15:25:56

Lodmoor park sounds like it would fit the bill!
It's got outdoor play equipment, outdoor exercise equipment, plus go karts, mini golf etc.
Have a brilliant time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now