Talk

Advanced search

Cottage on right on beach - Devon/Cornwall/South West Wales?

(19 Posts)
TheHouseofMirth Fri 07-Aug-15 18:11:39

I'm getting (uncharacteristically) organised and am looking for next summer for a cottage or similar (but not flat) sleeping 4 which is right on a beach, ie kids can run out of door straight on to sand without crossing a road. I know they exist as I've sent them before when I've not been a position to book one but now I am I can't find any!

Fettuccinecarbonara Fri 07-Aug-15 18:17:05

Have you tried beachlets.co.uk? You can refine your search to look for accommodation within so many metres from the beach iirc.

Bippidee Fri 07-Aug-15 18:22:24

I THINK there is a national trust-run one on Rhossili beach in Wales. It's sort of on the cliff, but easy access to the beach.

blueistheonlycolourwefeel Fri 07-Aug-15 18:24:38

http://www.groupaccommodation.com/properties/ship-cottages-bridport-dorset-england looks great, but it sleeps 18??

PooFlower Fri 07-Aug-15 18:26:36

Tenby is lovely FBM holidays have a few with direct beach access.

Bippidee Fri 07-Aug-15 18:31:20

There are numerous holiday cottages in Llangrannog as well. Lots will be on or very close to the beach.

Ferguson Fri 07-Aug-15 19:32:50

I'll do a bit of research and hopefully come back in a few days.

I do know one - Windy Ridge, near Porthcurno, on a lane a few yards from Port Chapel Beach - but I don't know who owns it now (we went in the'60s!):

www.cornwall-beaches.co.uk/west-cornwall/porthchapel.htm

You can drool over the rest of this website - keep you going until next year!:

www.cornwall-beaches.co.uk/

TheHouseofMirth Fri 07-Aug-15 21:43:21

Thanks everyone, some really good suggestions. Now just have to decide between Cornwall and Wales!

VioletTrevette Fri 07-Aug-15 21:53:01

www.coastalcottages.co.uk

They have a range of locations including Tenby , which has an awesome beach and plenty to do for the kids

sacbina Fri 07-Aug-15 22:51:47

marking my spot smile

GreenBoatRedBoat Sat 08-Aug-15 04:08:45

Powells have some nice ones, we've been to Saundersfoot in Wales right on beach.

SecretSpy Sat 08-Aug-15 06:55:00

I've just come back from one in Pembrokeshire, we booked through Coastal Cottages. It was more expensive than our usual one but lovely. A couple of minutes walk down a tiny path onto the beach.

jeee Sat 08-Aug-15 07:17:39

Saunton Sands - chalets set in the sand dunes. Beach is beautiful, and great for bodyboarding/surfing.

isittheweekendyet Sat 08-Aug-15 07:17:51

Try Mawgan Porth in Cornwall.

HowDdo2You Sat 08-Aug-15 10:29:44

You have me dreaming now op.smile

TheHouseofMirth Sat 08-Aug-15 12:01:43

SecretSpy, what was the cottage called please?

Definitely veering towards Wales, I think as it's (presumably?) still less fashionable than Cornwall

SecretSpy Thu 13-Aug-15 09:21:01

the cottage was called Tri Pysgodyn (sp? ) the village was Abercastle. Nothing in the village itself but there's a little shuttle minibus that goes to the good pubs smile

MWestie Thu 13-Aug-15 18:19:52

Thank you op, I came on here to post the same question. Am in (rainy) Cornwall at the moment but would love to be organised and book early for next year, have lovely vision of idyllic cottage within walking distance of a beach somewhere. Love off the track, quieter beaches, any recommendations? Or is this something people (quite rightly) keep to themselves smile

NeedSpeed Thu 13-Aug-15 22:27:03

Marking my place, also looking

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now