Blandford Forum - where to eat and what to do?

(7 Posts)
Tensmumym Wed 05-Aug-15 10:23:20

We're going to be staying in Ibberton for a week from Saturday. Any recommendations of where to eat and what to do? Dds are 5 an 8. Thanks.

IthoughtATMwasacashpoint Wed 05-Aug-15 18:36:32

Crown Hotel West Street Blindfold, or the Black Horse at Sturminster Marshall for good food.

You're not far from Monkey World or the Tank Museum at Bovington

IthoughtATMwasacashpoint Wed 05-Aug-15 18:37:05

Blandford, not blindfold!

Tensmumym Wed 05-Aug-15 19:01:38

Thanks thought

Wotsup Wed 19-Aug-15 21:37:42

My relatives who live close by tell me they take their kids to a soft play area on the outskirts of Blandford. It could be good for a rainy day. There is also one at Sturminster Newton about 9 miles away if you want variety. :-)

Pantah630 Wed 19-Aug-15 21:50:41

Grab some Wiltshire I know it's Dorset but they're a Salisbury firm pasties from Reeves in the market place and go for an impromptu walk/picnic down the Ham. They've opened up along the river on the brewery side since I left home a long time ago and its a lovely walk and [whispers] you may see Otters. The Greyhound always use to be good for food but not eaten there in a few years, The Crown is normally good. Lots of cafes in town now so no need to go in The Gorge, unless you have a penchant for greasy breakfasts. The Anchor at Shapwick is always excellent and a stones throw from Badbury Rings and Kingston Lacey.

Farmer Palmers is not too far away and great for kids that age, likewise Honeybrook Farm at Wimborne.

Dowser Thu 20-Aug-15 22:46:52

Longleat?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now