Talk

Advanced search

Isle of Wight for February half-term

(4 Posts)
Lovage Thu 30-Jul-15 17:12:03

Planning a few nights away in February half-term, to get us through the winter. Anyone been to the Isle of Wight then? Were things open? Where's good to stay location-wise? Can you manage without taking a car over if you're staying in the right place? DS1(9) is mad about the sea, so somewhere seaside ish would be good, even if the weather is dreadful. Can anyone recommend any especially lovely self-catering options? I'm getting overwhelmed with the choices.

Thanks!

Donthackmenow Fri 31-Jul-15 08:33:57

We have booked to go this feb half term. Can't wait! I am envisaging lots of cold winter walks, log fires and mulled wine. The reality will probably be very different and the kids will be whinging their way round!!

TeddTess Fri 22-Jan-16 10:22:44

bump looking for summer holiday recommendation!

LittleFishBigOcean Mon 25-Jan-16 07:29:22

We've just spent the weekend on iow. All pubs were open, some cafes and some amusements. Lots closed but with signs up saying 'open mid feb' so I reckon by half term you should be fine.

Our logic was that anywhere open in the middle of January had to be good, and we were proved right.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now