Talk

Advanced search

Tregenna Hotel St Ives - so many mixed reports, what did you think?

(4 Posts)
clottedcreamteawithscone Wed 22-Jul-15 12:01:16

looking to book 2 days here to extend our stay in Cornwall...so many mixed reports on trip advisor...some great some terrible.

Have you stayed?

Losingmyreligion Wed 22-Jul-15 12:05:14

Have stayed in the time share part for many years. Beautuful location. Our time share really needs upgrading. Close to town but a long walk back up the hill when returning. Had a terrible meal in the bistro a couple of years ago. Parents stayed in a hotel room last year and it was fine.

clottedcreamteawithscone Wed 22-Jul-15 12:13:10

it's not a cheap place to stay and after a week self catering was lookinig for nice meals, accommodation etc.. maybe not for us then. The Porthminister looks amazing but �250 a night

DonnaKebab66 Wed 22-Jul-15 16:45:38

I stayed there about 3 years ago for about 4 nights over Christmas.

It was nice enough, but nothing special. The hotel really needed cosmetic work which I understood was in hand. The wifi was only in communal areas and not the rooms, but this may have changed. The pool was a bit chilly.

Positives-staff were helpful, food wasn't bad (though not outstanding) and the grounds are lovely. It was fairly good value. If I was to mark it out of 10, I'd give it a 6.5.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now