Talk

Advanced search

Spurn Point

(5 Posts)
5Foot5 Mon 13-Jul-15 13:17:02

I have always wanted to go here and never got around to it before. (I know it seems like a prosaic place o have on your bucket list but there you go!)

I thought I had blown it for good in December 2013 when the storms caused it to be closed. However, I now see that it is accessible on foot (I would always have wanted to visit on foot anyway). Anyway, we have decided to go in about three weeks time.

We live some distance away (South Manchester) so it will probably be a weekend trip, driving over on Friday and staying the night and possibly Saturday night too.

Can anyone recommend anywhere to stay in the area. I suppose it might have to be Hull but just wondering.

Any other tips or suggestions from anyone who has been?

If we do decide to stay two nights can anyone suggest somewhere else to go the second day in the area?

FWIW I was born and brought up in North Lincolnshire but I left the erea a very long time ago and have never been to this bit of coastline.

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Mon 13-Jul-15 13:18:23

It won't take you long - there isn't much there.
You could stay in Beverly.

5Foot5 Mon 13-Jul-15 21:49:25

Well it sounds like a seven mile walk there and back so I reckon that's at least two to three hours walking for a start!

IAmAPaleontologist Mon 13-Jul-15 21:53:37

Ah the place of many a school trip when you grew up around hull! If you stay in hull then there are a lot of little museums which are actually quite good, the fish trail is fun on a nice day and the deep is fabulous even without children. Beverley is indeed very nice and you can happily while away some time pottering, eating I a nice cafe and maybe sticking your nose into the youth hostel which is very old indeed and has some amazing relics of painted walls and stuff.

loobywoof Mon 13-Jul-15 22:04:14

I agree the Deep & Museums Quarter in Hull are great. I particularly enjoyed the Streetlife Musuem. A walk over the Humber Bridge is also something I never really get tired of despite being quite local - also from North Lincolnshire.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now