Talk

Advanced search

Cottage in Northumberland

(19 Posts)
iusedtobecool Sat 11-Jul-15 10:31:13

Could anyone recommend a nice cottage to stay in Northumberland. Not too bothered where, but near a shop and pub would be handy. It would have to be pet free due to allergies, and 3 double bedrooms.

Getting cross eyed looking at all the holiday sites, so hoping someone might be able to recommend somewhere. I'll have a baby and toddler too, so somewhere with a garden would be great.

Would it be worth emailing the Tourist Board? I wondered if they might be able to help too.

Thanks!

catslife Sat 11-Jul-15 11:59:25

You could try this agency they may be able to help www.cottagesinnorthumberland.co.uk/default.aspx?gclid=COzQi7H10sYCFTGWtAodvhEOSQ.
In my experience the local agencies have better rates and are more familiar with the area.
Another alternative is this agency www.northumbrian-cottages.info/?gclid=CM3oyvf10sYCFbQatAodo7wHaw.
Hope this helps you to find somewhere.

iusedtobecool Sat 11-Jul-15 22:53:33

Thank you catslife, I'll have a look smile

cluecu Mon 13-Jul-15 22:06:35

Breamish Valley cottages. we stayed in Castle Close last year. so lovely smile

Mumteedum Mon 13-Jul-15 22:10:32

Try coastal retreats tughall Steads. Fabulous safe location, near beaches and castles. About 3 miles south Seahouses with shops and petrol station and most facilities.

Just got back. Cottage I stayed in was through another company and though lovely was doggy as I have a dog.

You're spoilt for choice up there really! Loads lovely places. grin

Appin Mon 13-Jul-15 22:16:41

Link Farm cottages in Newton-by-the-sea. They're let by Grace Darling Holidays.

JoyceDivision Mon 13-Jul-15 22:19:37

Bamburgh a the way forus, pub, butchers, itte shop grin

Try this or this beauty!

CurbsideProphet Mon 13-Jul-15 22:23:48

I just had a lovely holiday in Northumberland! Unfortunately I can't recommend the cottage as it was pet friendly. We stayed in the Bamburgh area and had such a good time.

Visit Northumberland has a "where to stay" section on its webpage smile

JoyceDivision Mon 13-Jul-15 22:29:05

get sat down with a bottle of wine and google cottages in bamburgh... there are lots of lovey ones. It is a 5 min drive from seahouses that has amusements, fish and chip shop, co-op etc, so just the quieter side of ife and the beach is fab with the coast on the shoreline.
Point cottages are by teh golf cub and can be opened up to join together to make them as big as you ike...

Mumteedum Mon 13-Jul-15 22:29:45

Appin...perfect! have you just been? Our paths may have crossed n the ship! Op absolutely perfect location. If I was wanting pet free that looks brilliant. Wish I hadn't had to come back. Sigh smile

JoyceDivision Mon 13-Jul-15 22:31:44

we have been past 5 years, going in october, love it in autumn, all dcs want to do is pay on dunes on beach, then walk to ice cream shop, and I like to pick up egg custards from the butchers grin

Appin Mon 13-Jul-15 22:34:04

Mumteedum, yes, just got back from there last week, we're third time repeat visitors. I'm not sure if they're pet free though, but I've never seen any dogs there.

Perfect, just perfect.

JoyceDivision Mon 13-Jul-15 22:36:04

Driving across to holy island always reminds me of The Woman In Back in the film where they are travelling across to eel marsh house...

Janethegirl Mon 13-Jul-15 22:42:16

Google Coquet cottages, had a really good holiday in one in wirksworth, but it was only 2 bed.

Mumteedum Mon 13-Jul-15 22:43:13

Appin we were there the same time! stayed at tughall Steads but love low newton .All round there gorgeous smile

Fish n chips from joiners arms were good. Great beers too there and the ship! Wanna go again, immediately!

Mumteedum Mon 13-Jul-15 22:44:50

Was a bit more cheerful when I was there Joyce but know what you mean !wink

whiteagle Mon 13-Jul-15 22:45:11

We use this lot and have had nice cottages
www.northumbria-cottages.co.uk/
Would recommend Bamburgh (expensive)/Beadnell (cheaper).

Also stayed here - Ross farm- lovely and rural but drive to the pub
www.rosscottages.co.uk/northumberland-holiday-cottages.cfm.

Coastal Retreat cottages are lovely but £££.

Appin Mon 13-Jul-15 23:08:05

The cottages at link farm are lovely. Perfect for older children, my three and six year olds had a great time playing at the park on site. First year they've been allowed to go unsupervised. Beach just over the dunes with amazing rock pools, always practically deserted. The ship Inn, the joiners arms, Bamburgh, seahouses for boat trips to the Farne islands, Alnwick castle and gardens. Love it.

iusedtobecool Sat 18-Jul-15 09:45:49

Just catching up on this. Thank you so much for the suggestions. Going to look at Link Farm cottages. Is there any cottage particularly or are they all similar?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now