Brighton with adult DS - ideas please?

(5 Posts)
Mumblechum1 Wed 01-Jul-15 14:41:51

I'm going to Brighton next week for the first time with 20 year old DS <<faints with shock that he'll contemplate spending time with me>>

So, just wondering whether anyone has any ideas of where to go/what to do/nice restaurants etc?

I've booked a lovely looking apartment in Brunswick Sq which seems reasonably local.

Thanks in advance

Mumblechum1 Wed 01-Jul-15 18:03:36

bumping in the hope that NoddyHolder will see this grin

MyGastIsFlabbered Wed 01-Jul-15 18:08:24

What do you like doing? The Pavilion is worth a look. There are loads of tiny galleries dotted about. The Lanes are good for antique jewellery and quirky shops. Churchill Square is where your bulk standard high street shops are. There's also the pier!

Terre a Terre does great vegetarian and vegan food, Pho is great for vietnamese food, Chaula's is great for curries. There's Jamie Oliver's restaurant but I've not been there myself but heard good things about it.

rocket74 Wed 01-Jul-15 18:14:12

The Salt Room on the seafront has great views and food and the Coal Shed. Both local. Chilli pickle voted best uk Indian recently - very authentic I think. I think it might be paddle round the pier this weekend which is fun to watch. Avoid Churchill square- stick to the lanes and the beach if possible.

Mumblechum1 Wed 01-Jul-15 19:26:01

Thank you both very much! Off to Google.

DS is generally happy to mooch around high end clothes shops, sit with a beer outside and watch the world go by. I think I saw some sort of ferris wheel too which may be fun smile.

I'm looking forward to having some one to one time - don't get much of that now he's at Uni.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now