Talk

Advanced search

Short (under five days) coach break in the UK

(7 Posts)
WanderWomble Tue 16-Jun-15 00:22:29

My parents want a short break somewhere in the UK. The prefer to travel by coach (Mum is disabled and finds driving long distances painful.)

Under five days, four would be ideal. Fairly cheap- say under £250pp. Travelling from Middlesbrough. They're pretty open to places and don't have any set destination in mind.

Any ideas?

Ormally Tue 16-Jun-15 17:52:43

I was wondering about the Chester/N. Welsh border area. It looks to be about 3-4hrs from Middlesbrough and there would be a few different things to choose from there. The coach connection seems mainly to go to/via Leeds but there may be better packages.

ShatnersBassoon Tue 16-Jun-15 17:57:17

Your local coach companies' websites/FB will give you a good starting point for destinations and prices.

WanderWomble Tue 16-Jun-15 23:22:31

Chester is a good idea, though I think they went last year. smile

They're been looking on the websites but nothing has caught their interest yet.

mamabluestar Wed 17-Jun-15 09:34:54

Have a look on National Holidays website as they offer pick ups in this area.

I dont know if it helps - my Mum finds it easier to be collected from Stockton rather than Middlesbrough

Ormally Wed 17-Jun-15 14:59:29

There's the Lake District but they'll probably be v familiar with it. Grange-over-Sands is a nice place to stay if you want to get to parts of the coast and the Lakes but without the super-busy feel that can come up a lot in the most popular Lakeland areas. I love the Derbyshire peaks too and that looks do-able.

WanderWomble Thu 18-Jun-15 10:07:05

Thanks for the ideas everyone. They've decided on the Isle of Wight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now