Short (under five days) coach break in the UK

(7 Posts)
WanderWomble Tue 16-Jun-15 00:22:29

My parents want a short break somewhere in the UK. The prefer to travel by coach (Mum is disabled and finds driving long distances painful.)

Under five days, four would be ideal. Fairly cheap- say under £250pp. Travelling from Middlesbrough. They're pretty open to places and don't have any set destination in mind.

Any ideas?

OP’s posts: |
Ormally Tue 16-Jun-15 17:52:43

I was wondering about the Chester/N. Welsh border area. It looks to be about 3-4hrs from Middlesbrough and there would be a few different things to choose from there. The coach connection seems mainly to go to/via Leeds but there may be better packages.

ShatnersBassoon Tue 16-Jun-15 17:57:17

Your local coach companies' websites/FB will give you a good starting point for destinations and prices.

WanderWomble Tue 16-Jun-15 23:22:31

Chester is a good idea, though I think they went last year. smile

They're been looking on the websites but nothing has caught their interest yet.

mamabluestar Wed 17-Jun-15 09:34:54

Have a look on National Holidays website as they offer pick ups in this area.

I dont know if it helps - my Mum finds it easier to be collected from Stockton rather than Middlesbrough

Ormally Wed 17-Jun-15 14:59:29

There's the Lake District but they'll probably be v familiar with it. Grange-over-Sands is a nice place to stay if you want to get to parts of the coast and the Lakes but without the super-busy feel that can come up a lot in the most popular Lakeland areas. I love the Derbyshire peaks too and that looks do-able.

WanderWomble Thu 18-Jun-15 10:07:05

Thanks for the ideas everyone. They've decided on the Isle of Wight.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in