Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Isle of wight Holiday

(14 Posts)
loopyloo87 Wed 13-May-15 10:15:25

Hi, we would like to spend a week in the isle of wight during the summer, can anyone recommend the best website for cottage rentals please? I think we are cutting it fine as I have looked on Sykes but there isn't much selection

JasonsBum Sat 16-May-15 18:41:13

I was coming on to say Sykes. Sorry! Try cottages4u. Have used them before but not on iow.

loopyloo87 Sun 17-May-15 19:49:29

I think I've left it late to have any choice Jason and the prices seem to be going up sad

soberton Fri 22-May-15 13:56:33

Try 'Owners Direct' website, they might have some good ideas for you. we've used them a few times and because you book with the property owner it can save on the usual admin/booking fees. Good luck.

twinkletoedelephant Fri 22-May-15 17:17:06

we wnat to camp on the isle of wight - anyone know the cheapest ferry options me dh and 3 kids + car

JasonsBum Fri 22-May-15 17:19:43

Club card vouchers, early morning or later evening, midweek ferries, book early. Crossing wise it's all much of a muchness. Depends what's easier for you. Lymington-Yarmouth is very pretty and you get to drive through the new forest.

Where are you camping?

TurnOverTheTv Fri 22-May-15 17:21:00

We stay in Rosetta cottage, and book through National Trust

IsItMeOr Fri 22-May-15 18:15:00

We've booked a couple of times through Island Cottage Holidays. You have probably found somewhere already though!

loopyloo87 Wed 27-May-15 17:15:49

Thank you for your recommendation I have looked at the website and it looks promising smile...I'm quite careful with website cottage rentals as you hear of horror stories where people reach their destination and the accommodation doesn't exist...Also is it worth getting the iow tourist card?

IsItMeOr Fri 29-May-15 10:28:45

Don't know the iow tourist card, sorry.

We've not had any problems with National Trust or Island Cottage Holidays. Hope you find something that suits.

JasonsBum Fri 29-May-15 22:14:35

I've been going every year (almost!) for the last 35 years and never had a tourist card! Had a look at it recently but it didn't look like it saved me money on the things we like to do.

SurvivalGuide Wed 03-Jun-15 18:28:26

We stayed at the West Bay Club. Excellent. SC but with country club facilities. Website is westbayclub.co.uk

CorBlimeyTrousers Mon 15-Jun-15 22:11:31

We also used Island Cottage Holidays to book a cottage on the IOW recently without any problems.

I also don't know about the IOW Tourist Card. Maybe we missed out!

As for ferries, we used Wightlink but I imagine prices are very similar with Red Funnel. We couldn't get the crossing times we wanted when we booked (through Island Cottage Holidays who offered a small discount) so I suggest booking as early as you can. Traffic in Portsmouth on the way to the ferry port was awful so leave enough time.

We had a lovely holiday. Enjoy smile

LuluFM Wed 17-Jun-15 09:24:57

We're about to go for a week in River Cottage. It overlooks a bird sanctuary and has a hot tub! I don't know if there is availability but check it out. If you are feeling adventurous there is also Tom's Eco Lodge - with cottages and safari tents (with pizza ovens) on the original IoW festival site (I think). Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now