Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone stayed in Gretna Green/

(9 Posts)
agalch Thu 02-Nov-06 07:19:23

I'm getting married in Gretna next April and looking for a good hotel.Not too expensive tho as we have 4 children and it's going to be costing a fortune as it is.
TIA

Macdog Thu 02-Nov-06 17:24:27

try scottish tourist board website
They have accomodation pages on there

agalch Fri 03-Nov-06 08:48:11

Thanks macdog will have a look on there

gemmiegoatlegs Mon 04-Dec-06 21:04:57

we got married at the Mill, just outside Gretna in July and it was fantastic. The rooms were really good sized, they do family rooms etc. Check out \link{http://www.themill.co.uk. Rooms start at 60 quid and the place is fantastic. In fact I wanna go back and do it all again!

agalch Mon 04-Dec-06 22:24:14

hi Gemmiegoatlegs

Thanks but we have booked to be married in the registry office and we have booked the hotel for accommodation and the reception.The hotel has family rooms too.

I am so looking forward to it too!!!!

Did you get the marriage blessed over the anvil?

gemmiegoatlegs Tue 05-Dec-06 13:46:33

yes we had an anvil marriage. It was great, but seemed to fly by...maybe it's only other people's weddings that go on forever! Hope you have a wonderful day!

mum2sam Mon 26-Feb-07 16:42:34

which hotel are you staying at? I need help. We are planning on renewing our wedding vows and want to do it on a budget.

FluffyMummy123 Mon 26-Feb-07 16:43:03

Message withdrawn

brandy7 Mon 26-Feb-07 16:45:17

i got married at gretna yonks ago, stayed in a lovely farmhouse and got pissed in a local pub,fantastic memory. cant remember name of farmhouse type place. got divorced a year later, then he committed suicide 10years after that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now