Howdons kitchen designers

(3 Posts)
LovingTheSunshine Fri 27-Mar-15 14:06:33

Do they actually design your kitchen layout or just ask you what you want where? We have had them out hoping for inspiration but it was basically left to me telling the what I want where? Thanks

OP’s posts: |
LovingTheSunshine Fri 27-Mar-15 14:08:18

Oh dear posted in wrong group!

OP’s posts: |
pickles184 Fri 27-Mar-15 19:12:54

I would say it very much depends on the 'designer'. I worked there for a good few years early on in my design career, they do not have any official training of their own on the design side of things, think more sales people with some creative talent rather than qualified designers.
That said I took a great deal of pride in my ability to create something perfect for each client, a large number of the kitchen designers there were exactly the same. Many have been doing the job for years and have a wealth of knowledge and experience so can easily take your requirements and turn them into a great design.
It is likely that the particular individual you met falls in to the sales person rather than designer bracket.

Realistically it is a free service often used and abused by customers, the salaries are not high which is a factor in how low they are able to keep their prices. You cannot expect a degree qualified designer with bags of creative flair at budget prices, they exist, but they are not the norm in the industry so you often end up with pot luck depending on the individuals wherever you go.

Whereabouts in the country are you?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in