Talk

Advanced search

Want to take my DH to Padstow but not got much dough

(11 Posts)
Landoni112 Wed 28-Jan-15 14:27:16

Would love to take DH away for our wedding anniversary for a few nights in July, but I don't have the £250pn kind of money that some places seemed to cost.

Can anyone recommend anywhere nice for a reasonable price? We live the other end of the country so would like to stay 4 nights.

Thanks!

Sevens Wed 28-Jan-15 14:41:58

We went for our honeymoon in October and stayed at Treverbyn House, can't recommend highly enough- it's a B&B so much more reasonable than hotel but was definitely hotel standard...They're no. 1 on trip advisor I think and also have a sister place called Treann just up the road. Check them out!

mummymeister Wed 28-Jan-15 18:47:19

July is peak season especially now that the gove changes about holidays in term time are beginning to bite. any reason for Padstow? if not then why not look elsewhere in cornwall. the places away from the sea are usually cheaper. Padstow is mega bucks even for cornwall because of rick stein.

Landoni112 Thu 29-Jan-15 18:46:47

Sevens: thanks the suggestions are beautiful, the first one is full and the second is in the process of being sold!
Mummy: Padstow is on my husbands 'bucket' list, so would love to surprise him with a visit, and I have heard that it is beautiful there. Because we got married in the school hols, our anniversary is in the school hols :-) not a lot I could do as I was a teacher at the time and wanted a traditional wedding then honeymoon combo!

ihatethecold Thu 29-Jan-15 18:50:34

Padstow is really lovely but heaving with people.

mummymeister Thu 29-Jan-15 18:52:42

why not stay somewhere else and go to padstow for the day. or surprise him by hiring a bike in bodmin, cycling the camel trail and going for lunch there. Padstow in school summer holidays is mobbed with people. we went 3 or 4 summers ago for the day and were walking 6 or 7 abreast the whole time. we hated it because it was soooo busy. realise that if he wants to go he wants to go but its not the quaint little fishing village that I remember 40 years ago when my sister took me for a holiday.

rockybalboa Thu 29-Jan-15 18:58:40

I don't understand why everyone raves about Padstow. There are a lot of beautiful places in Cornwall which knock the spots of it IMO. Look at a place called Fowey.

rockybalboa Thu 29-Jan-15 20:23:57

Or St Ives. St Ives is way nicer than Padstow and more to do I think.

ihatethecold Thu 29-Jan-15 20:58:51

Ooh yes Fowey is really lovely.

Landoni112 Thu 29-Jan-15 22:46:09

Thanks everyone, we have been to St Ives and loved it, I might look at Fovey because I have heard its lovely too.
I liked the idea of Padstow because its got lots of good places to see near by.

Heels99 Fri 30-Jan-15 19:36:02

I too find pads tow over crowded and heaving. What are th places nearby you refer to op?

Would you consider a caravan park, that would be cheaper

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: