Talk

Advanced search

Looking for a quiet place for a personal meditation retreat - Somerset or surrounding areas

(4 Posts)
misscph1973 Tue 20-Jan-15 10:43:04

My DH is looking for a quiet place, like a chalet, summer house, cottage or somewhere to stay for 1-2 weeks over the summer holidays as a personal meditation retreat. He has done organised retreats before but he is now keen to do one on his own.

I have suggested that he looks into house sitting or something like that, as it obviously shouldn't be in a resort or similar - it needs to be in a quiet location. Any ideas? Ideally in Somerset where we live or nearby.

misscph1973 Wed 21-Jan-15 09:10:56

bump

Dowser Tue 27-Jan-15 13:24:07

Does he just want to be on his own. I should imagine there are plenty of places around Glastonbury.

mummymeister Tue 27-Jan-15 14:30:24

airbandb would be a good place to start. there are out of the way places but in the summer they will be expensive especially just for one person. he could go on one of the pet sitting sites and offer to pet sit for someone.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: