Talk

Advanced search

Cairngorm recommendations please!

(10 Posts)
MagpieCursedTea Sat 17-Jan-15 11:59:48

DH and I are looking for a family holiday with our 15 month old somewhere around Cairngorm National Park. We're planning to go in April and would like to stay in a luxury cabin. Does anyone have any tips? Thanks!

MeanwhileHighAboveTheField Sat 17-Jan-15 12:02:13

A lovely place for a holiday.

I don't have any personal recommendations but have heard good things about Wolf Lodge in Carrbridge

UsainWho Sat 17-Jan-15 12:04:49

I have been to a lodge managed by this company

www.greatnorthlodges.co.uk

The one I had would be a bit too big but all their accommodation looks nice. Be aware though that if you are out of Aviemore your facilities and greatly reduced and you will need to drive everywhere. If you'd like more on your doorstep you could look at the lodges at the Macdonald resort, never stayed there myself though.

MagpieCursedTea Sat 17-Jan-15 13:26:39

Thanks for the tips! smile
We'll be driving up anyway so quite happy to be a bit out of the way as we'll have the car.

42notTrendy Sat 17-Jan-15 13:38:08

We have stayed in lodges at Coylumbridge, on the Hilton site. They vary in size and quality, newer ones are lovely. Aviemore a great place to be close to.

UsainWho Sat 17-Jan-15 13:48:21

Oh, BTW, remember our schools up here are generally off the first two full weeks in April regardless of when Easter is!

NinjaPanda34 Sat 17-Jan-15 13:56:39

www.badaguish.org/

MagpieCursedTea Sat 17-Jan-15 15:41:59

Thanks Usain, I work at a college so have to fit my own holidays around the school holidays sadly.

I'll have a look through all the suggestions with DH this evening smile

smugmumofboys Sat 17-Jan-15 15:53:52

We stayed here a few years ago in February. It snowed likecrazy and we got snowed it. DSes still talk about how great it was now!

We stayed in the cottage but have friends who have stayed in the lodge. Both properties very nice. The owner is a lovely woman too. It's near Loch Garten which is famous for its ospreys, Aviemore not too far away. It's a beautiful area and it was a favourite family holiday.

gracielooloo Sat 17-Jan-15 20:46:04

We stayed at Boat of Garten Holiday Park ( about 10 mins out of Aviemore) We hired a lodge/ caravan type thing privately, it was called Invernevis I think and was lovely!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: