Harry Potter studio - so expensive :(

(10 Posts)
frankie80 Sun 04-Jan-15 15:24:11

I want to take my DD to HP tour in London - but travel from glasgow, accomodation, tour tickets, train fares, meals etc - its looking ridiculously expensive for just a sat/sunday stay.

Does anyone have any advice on how to save on this? I really want to take her but if its going to cost that much, I wont be able to.

OP’s posts: |
OhYouBadBadKitten Sun 04-Jan-15 15:51:22

You might be able to find an affordable coach tour?

OhYouBadBadKitten Sun 04-Jan-15 15:53:11

Or get a mega bus down to London, stay in a youth hostel (you can self cater) then train or maybe bus to the studios.

Timeforabiscuit Sun 04-Jan-15 15:57:27

I would try for a coach tour,

We did a day trip into London by train and then traveling out to the area of the studio and stayed overnight, then a taxi out to the studio for a very early slot and took a bus and train back home.

It cost a fortune, but it was amazing.

Needtoemigrate Sun 04-Jan-15 16:01:51

I ve just done a coach trip there with family 99 adult 79 kids.
Included travel, hotel, entry and meals

fhdl34 Sun 04-Jan-15 16:11:41

Here's a deal on it for you with holiday pirates www.holidaypirates.com/holidaypackages/feb-half-term-harry-potter-experience-break040115?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cheap%20holiday&utm_campaign=hp.com

BettieLeeloo Sun 04-Jan-15 16:43:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ZammoMcGuire Sun 04-Jan-15 16:45:11

i read that as a family of 99 people

LadySybilLikesSloeGin Sun 04-Jan-15 16:52:24

I took ds just before Christmas, it was fab! If you can get a coach trip then that's your best bet, there are coaches going from central London though.

ArcheryAnnie Tue 13-Jan-15 14:11:37

May I ask how old your DD is? Because if she is very young, as it costs so much I'd advise waiting a year or two to get the best value out of it.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in