Talk

Advanced search

Alternative to center parcs.

(8 Posts)
thebluehen Fri 12-Dec-14 14:29:30

We want to take ds, dsd2 and dsd3 away for a long weekend / short break, probably in the Easter holidays.

My dp likes center parcs but I really don't!

I think it's very expensive to stay in a shed and all the activities are either booked up or again, very expensive. I know others will disagree. grin

The kids are 17,16 and 11.

We've never been to butlins, what's it like? Any other ideas?

All the kids are getting a week/fortnight abroad either with school or their other parent but we want to do at least a short break away.

Middleagedmotheroftwo Fri 12-Dec-14 14:33:42

Have a look at Bluestone in Pembrokeshire. Much nicer than Center Parcs. Kids will love it (and Wales is abroad, if you're in England anyway).

The centre itself is fab, and its very close to great beaches and the countryside around is lovely too can you tell it's my neck of the woods?

Dowser Fri 12-Dec-14 18:27:04

What about a caravan break?

You can get some lovely caravans on sites with a pool and entertainment.

Lots of companies do them but the haven ones I've seen like blue dolphin and reighton sands on the Scarborough coast get very busy.

My cousin loves buntlines at mine head but their kids are adult now.

I like cottage holidays. Out of season you can pay as little as a couple of hundred for a break

BadgerFace Fri 12-Dec-14 18:32:32

We went to Bluestone in the summer and thought it was lovely.

Ruthiebabes Fri 12-Dec-14 18:39:06

Kelling Heath in Norfolk has been recommended to me.. Looks good.. Hoping to book for July.x

mandy214 Fri 12-Dec-14 19:28:48

Whereabouts are you in the UK? Would you consider Holland? Have a look at Duinrell, reviews on here. It has a swimming pool like Center Parcs (not quite to the same standard but with some good slides for teenagers) and then you have (free) access to an amusement park on site. It sounds like hell but we really enjoyed it and the children had a ball. Hired bikes, lots of lovely cycle paths to local beaches, lovely picturesque village nearby. It was about a 3 or 4 hr drive from Calais (or if you were in the North East, the ferry to Rotterdam / Hook of Holland is on the door step).

thebluehen Sat 13-Dec-14 07:27:24

Thanks for all the ideas, will have a look into all of them.

catlass Sun 14-Dec-14 09:01:12

I wouldn't bother with butlins with kids of that age. Butlins is brilliant for little ones but I think your teens would be bored,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now