Talk

Advanced search

Long weekend away 3rd Jan..

(7 Posts)
fruityloopy Sun 23-Nov-14 23:40:42

Would love recommendations for a self catering chalet, cottage, flat, caravan - you name it as cheap as chips!! Ideally in either on randomly the Gower coastline or the Norfolk coastline - oh and must accommodate 2 dogs and a toddler...

mummymeister Sun 23-Nov-14 23:57:25

have a look at the pet friendly websites like petswelcome or take2dogs. lots of places aren't dog friendly any more especially if the dogs are under a couple of years old so would look for somewhere dog friendly first. we like porthmadog in wales. but will be very, very dead in the winter as will be most seaside type places. might be better off with a city break so there is something for you all to do.

fruityloopy Mon 24-Nov-14 00:00:46

thanks mummymeister... as you say struggling to find somewhere to take dogs - do you know anywhere in particular in Wales on the coast ideally - not at all fussed about it being dead!

Yogamuminahottent Tue 25-Nov-14 18:40:11

try homefromhome.com for Gower. you can search for properties allowing pets but looks like you may need to call office for rentals less than a weekend - they are a nice gang there and our family always rent from them.

Dowser Sat 29-Nov-14 20:13:13

There's some lovely cottages near shaftesbury, Dorset that I know take dogs

Www.bowlinggreenfarm.com

Not on your list but well worth a try.

Dowser Sat 29-Nov-14 20:14:03

They even took a horse once...Lol

They are very friendly and accommodating.

mummymeister Sun 30-Nov-14 10:53:53

the place we stay in SE Cornwall takes dogs (no more than 3 I think but you would need to check) its about an hours drive from Exeter so not the really far away bit of Cornwall. here is the link HERE the place we stay at in wales in porthmadog doesn't take dogs at all. done a quick sweep of other places we have stayed at and the one in Looe is the only place I can find. a lot of the beaches too are now dog ban all year round rather than just in the summer but Looe has lots of dog friendly beaches and the tourist board has info on their website called visitcornwall. hope you find something.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now