Talk

Advanced search

Bath.

(6 Posts)
Tiredemma Sun 23-Nov-14 14:15:51

Experienced Bath for the first time ever last weekend and just loved it. We stayed in a large house over looking the Holbourne Museum which was beautiful but very expensive.

Now considering going again next winter but hoping to visit the xmas market - can anyone recommend accom? Would hope to be slightly more central - I have looked at the Premier Inn also but not sure if I would miss the 'charm' of being in an old building

OohOod Sun 23-Nov-14 14:43:18

Premier inn is good there. Depends if you want to spend on accommodation or spend on everything else.

Tiredemma Sun 23-Nov-14 19:50:18

Thanks - £95 pp for two nights. I would be mental to not take that offer and save money for the Spa and Afternoon tea!

PeachandBlack Sat 29-Nov-14 18:29:45

I go to Bath every year for the Xmas market and always stay at The Francis in Queen's Square. I usually pay with Tesco/Avios though. I've also stayed at the Travelodge and it was ok. I think hotel rates tend to go up in December because of the market so I try to go on the first day at the end of November (apart from this year).

OohOod Sat 29-Nov-14 18:47:05

I don't like the travekodges there , Central is really noisy if you're by the street and the standards at the other one really slipped (used to use it regularly and stopped after 2 bad-got-my-money-back stays).

Dowser Sun 30-Nov-14 12:56:47

Once stayed at the bath spa hotel. Very lovely and yes it was haunted. My daughter was visited by the grey lady in the night. The hotel was very expensive but it was a competition prize!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now