Talk

Advanced search

How well equipped are the Bluestone shops?

(7 Posts)
TwoLittleTerrors Wed 19-Nov-14 08:13:14

We don't fancy cooking, but don't want to be eating out every meal. (With a 4 and 1 yo). What are the shops inside bluestone like? Do they have ready for oven/microwave meals? The longleat centerparcs have quite a lot, including meals from cook.com, which are very nice. How does it compare. We are thinking about it for next summer.

FunkyBoldRibena Wed 19-Nov-14 08:15:37

Bluestone? In Wales? Or Bluewater? Or somewhere else?

Where do you mean?

TwoLittleTerrors Wed 19-Nov-14 11:27:32

Ok mean the one in Wales. It looked quite good on in the website. Lovely pool, good accommodation and a lot cheaper than center parcs.

Jodien1 Thu 11-Dec-14 20:26:10

The shop had some meals but was fairly expensive! The take away isn't too bad. I had my tesco shop delivered an hour or 2 after arrival

Buttercup27 Thu 11-Dec-14 20:28:28

Supermarkets are only a few min drive away. You can get basics in there and chocolate and wine! Very jealous would love to be going back again this year!

Wolfiefan Thu 11-Dec-14 20:30:55

Shops on site aren't great. Toy/clothes shop and small spar type shop. Tinned goods, milk, chocolate and crisps type food.
We took a box of stuff for a short break. We also ate out and did takeaway from on site place.
Closest supermarket we found was quite a way away.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Thu 11-Dec-14 20:32:09

It was horrible when we went. Pool is nice but the changing is not great for families and they kept closing it early because of private bookings.

Shops overpriced, the night we ordered takeaway it took so long to appear that DH walked round there and our order had been left on the side. The food in the restaurants is ok, but expensive for what it is and they are totally lacking in atmosphere.

The cottage we had needed repainting, bed was uncomfy, nowhere to hang towels to dry after swimming, 48 hour turnaround if you wanted any laundry done at £10 a load, but no washing machine or laundrette.

You couldn't pay me to go back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now