Talk

Advanced search

Scottish hotels & baby monitors

(6 Posts)
suzieshaw Sun 09-Nov-14 11:19:06

Hi,

My husband & I are keen to go away with our 4 month old. Ideally in Central Scotland or Perthshire. Has anyone been to a hotel where the baby monitor has worked from the bar or restaurant to the room? If so, do you remember the room number? It'd be a good way to have a 'night out' with our baby! Thanks!

gildedlily Sun 09-Nov-14 12:27:22

A bit out of your area but Corsewall Lighthouse in Dumfries and Galloway was good for this. It's a small, quiet place and our room was right next to the bar and restaurant so we could easily nip back to check on the children. The staff were also lovely and listened at the door when they were passing. Can't remember if I used a monitor or not.

mummymeister Wed 12-Nov-14 16:15:47

suzieshaw - ever since I saw your post I have been going back over old threads. somewhere I saw that most hotels no longer offer the baby monitor or phone sitting service (you leave the phone off the hook) because it encourages kids to be left alone in their rooms and there is a fire risk assessment issue. I think the idea is that if you want to leave your baby then you can pay for an in room sitter. mine are too old for this now but for the life of me I cannot find the thread this was on. You aren't going to find a baby monitor that will work through several floors either unfortunately. most struggle to work in a domestic house. you might have to put your lo in the push chair and take them with you.

MadeInChorley Wed 12-Nov-14 16:24:23

I disagree with Mummy Meister. Our baby monitor works through 4 floors at home, no bother.

I've been to several small hotels where the baby monitor signal has stretched from the bar and restaurant to the room - The Victoria at Holkham in Norfolk and The Ardeonaig in Perthshire. We had a lovely time at both and heard every snuffle. DS1 was about 12 months at the Victoria (and Minty from Eastenders was doing the same thing). We had one of the two family rooms there.

I think you need a restaurant with rooms type establishment. Maybe check the Peat Inn in Fife too - restaurant is to die for and it's small although haven't stayed there

MadeInChorley Wed 12-Nov-14 16:28:57

A friend has also suggested the Barley Bree in Muthill, Perthshire as a restaurant with rooms where their monitor stretched.

Depends on your baby monitor, of course - ours is the latest BT one and works well at some distance.

AmandaTanen Sat 15-Nov-14 22:12:55

We stayed in the Murraypark Hotel in Crieff. Our baby monitor worked well and our hotel room door actually led to the dining room. The room is almost like a wee suite. It's the sister hotel of Crieff Hydro and you can use all of the facilities there. They can also arrange for babysitters.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now