Talk

Advanced search

A couple of days in Harrogate, where to eat?

(12 Posts)
FallonColby Mon 15-Sep-14 12:38:12

Hello, we are going to Harrogate to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. Has anyone any suggestions for a really nice restaurant for lunch and any good coffee shops for people watching. We are staying at Rudding Park so will eat there at night. Any other must dos?

Stirrup Mon 15-Sep-14 12:39:04

Betty's tea rooms is very tasty for lunch/afternoon tea.

rallytog1 Wed 17-Sep-14 22:14:42

Bed restaurant is fabulous and a unique experience - you get a curly wurly with the bill! We sometimes stay over in Harrogate specifically to eat there.

CherryLips1980 Fri 26-Sep-14 10:04:24

I ADORE Brio's pizza. One of my favourite places ever. It's 'posh' pizza. Betty's is lovely but you might find it easier/quicker to go to the RHS garden centre, Harlow Carr (which is also nice for a wander). It doesn't quite have the same feel of the 'real' Betty's though.

CherryLips1980 Fri 26-Sep-14 19:42:01

Oooh, oooh, ooooh, and Baltzersen's! It is Scandanavian.

SingingSands Fri 26-Sep-14 19:45:55

Hotel du Vin for posh meal. Although, Rudding Park is already posh! Lovely place, went to a wedding there years ago and it was fabulous. Harlow Carr is lovely for a wander round the gardens and lunch at the Bettys cafe is a good idea - gardens v romantic at the moment with the colours turning and less queuing to get seated in the cafe. Have a pink champagne with lunch, I always do!

Justfivemoreminutesplease Fri 26-Sep-14 19:52:13

If you like seafood, then The Drum & Monkey is a must. You don't need to book for downstairs but you might have to wait for a table - far easier to call & book a table for upstairs.
Weetons (sp?) do amazing coffees (& bacon sandwiches) & sitting outside is great people watching (or even sitting inside is pretty good people watching too).

Palm Court Cafe for good cake and nice cheese on toast, surrounded by the old people of Harrogate. I love it!

The Chinese in the old baths - the food is okay rather than amazing but the building is stunning.

Another vote for lunch in Baltzerson's too.

The ridiculous fake cutesie-ness of Bed's menu really puts me off.

And go to the Baths - lovely - best relaxation I've had in years.

ruthb33 Sun 16-Nov-14 12:36:43

I like Mirabelle (french) but when we went there for lunch it was very quiet...much busier in the evening.

Never eaten there at lunchtime but the orchid restaurant at the studley hotel was also very nice in the evening. Or their cocktails were :-)

MerrilyWatkins Sun 16-Nov-14 16:18:15

Baltzersen's for the best coffee and cinnamon buns.

Dowser Mon 17-Nov-14 10:13:34

It depends on your purse. Betty's is lovely but expensive. Harlow Carr gardens are nice but so are valley gardens at bottom of hill.

I must admit if you are not looking for anything special, wagamama is down from Betty's and a very nice weather spoons further down from that . Cross the road at Betty's and take road on right and you have a street of restaurants including la tasca etc

It depends on what you want.

IsChippyMintonExDirectory Wed 19-Nov-14 05:03:17

Betty's and Bed for something posh

For casual dining the Dam Yankee is a fabulous American themed restaurant!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now