Overnight stop in Lakes Recommendations

(9 Posts)
Dancingdreamer Fri 27-Jun-14 11:02:18

Travelling to Scotland with my sister for short break in July. Need to make an overnight stop somewhere in the Lakes (not too far off M6) can anyone recommend a cheapish (under £100) but good place to stay. Would preferably like somewhere in pretty location (i.e. Not. Motorway travel lodge) with nice place to eat close by.

Thanks.

OP’s posts: |
MissMilbanke Fri 27-Jun-14 11:04:12

I know you said not motorway travel lodge - but do check out Tebay service station.

tis lovely and has won awards and everything...

SquidgyMaltLoaf Fri 27-Jun-14 11:18:28

Tebay has fab food. Seriously. All service stations should be like that.

Dancingdreamer Fri 27-Jun-14 11:27:19

Yes have looked at Tebay. Good to know people recommending it. Is there anything to do or see nearby? Just somewhwere for quick afternoon visit or potter around.

OP’s posts: |
craftysewer Sat 05-Jul-14 11:41:50

This is actually near Carlisle, but if you want to check it out it's a lovely garden centre that also has a craft shop, dolls house shop and a nice cafe: www.klondyke.co.uk/houghton-hall-garden-centre-carlisle. Also there is shopping at Gretna Green: www.gretnagateway.com.
This looks nice to stay in: www.discovercarlisle.co.uk/lifestyle/accommodation/Brampton-Farmhouse-Hullerbank/details/?dms=3&pid=5016385 which is just outside Carlisle.

Oodlives Sat 05-Jul-14 12:26:28

possible but may push budget depending on dates

YorkshireTeaGold Wed 09-Jul-14 13:10:17

Kirby Lonsdale is lovely. Really pretty and nice food/shops

The sun in the center of town is good to stay.

Schooltrip Wed 09-Jul-14 13:14:53

this place in Shap is nice

AlwaysaLittleBitTired Wed 09-Jul-14 13:28:16

This B&B in Kendal is really smart, with a great breakfast. Highly recommended: www.beechhouse-kendal.co.uk/

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in