Talk

Advanced search

Desperately Seeking Accommodation, Brighton or surrounds

(19 Posts)
Stuporwoman Tue 25-Feb-14 13:39:09

Travelling from Ireland in mid July for a family wedding and finding it impossible for find 4 nights accommodation for our party of 6 (2 adults 4 kids). Ideally we'd like an apartment or house but nothing within our price range is available, even on airbnb. Though I've visited Brighton a few times, I don't know much about the surrounding areas. We will have a car so it wouldn't be a problem to be a drive away from all the action. Can anyone suggest either a pretty town or village close to Brighton, a good short term letting agent, or anything at all really that will put a roof over us without breaking the bank. Thanks!

HelpfulChap Tue 25-Feb-14 13:42:53

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/2383897?s=hrrP

Lewes is a short drive/train journey from Brighton.

And a lovely town as well.

Stuporwoman Tue 25-Feb-14 19:05:29

Thank you Helpfulchap! However, though the wedding itself is actually in Lewes we have had even less luck with that area. The search continues...

Toocold Tue 25-Feb-14 20:55:34

Have you tried hove? Or Arundel?, Arundel is a bit further out but very pretty.

Toocold Tue 25-Feb-14 20:56:08

Have you tried hove? Or Arundel?, Arundel is a bit further out but very pretty.

Goblinchild Wed 26-Feb-14 00:10:58

What's your budget?

ClaraBean Wed 26-Feb-14 00:18:25

I live in Lewes, tis lovely smile. My friends parents used to run a b&b in the village I grew up in (about a 7 minute drive from Lewes). I don't know if they still do, but i do know they still have the house. I could find out if that would be any use to you? What is your budget?

Stuporwoman Wed 26-Feb-14 12:51:34

Thank you all for your suggestions. Toocold, I will check out Arundel. goblinchild I think our budget is around 150 per night for self catering. Is that reasonable, or should I expect to pay more? Clarabean, that would be great if you could make that enquiry. We are 2 adults, 4 kids and our dates are July 10-14. Thanks!

mary21 Wed 26-Feb-14 16:46:22

www.ownersdirect.co.uk/england/E14076.htm might work for you
or alteratively if you cant find what you want relitives have stayed at travel lodge in hickstead for £19 per night per room

mary21 Wed 26-Feb-14 17:04:10

or another option, something like this but you may need to thought away a couple of nightshttp://www.parkholidays.com/beauport-park-hastings-sussex

mary21 Wed 26-Feb-14 17:14:07

last odd suggestion www.brighton.ac.uk/southcoastconferences/accommodation/budget-holiday-accommodation/brighton-budget-holiday-accommodation/#MoulsecoombHalls

magimedi Wed 26-Feb-14 17:33:03

You may well struggle with self catering for under a week -

I would look at places that are on the train line from Brighton, as parking in Brighton is a nightmare & very expensive.

You could try Shoreham as well as Lewes.

ClaraBean Wed 26-Feb-14 19:01:01

Stupor - they are still doing b&b - I have left them a message with dates and I am waiting for them to get back to me!

Stuporwoman Wed 26-Feb-14 20:45:29

Thank you so much mary21!!!

halfwayupthehill Wed 26-Feb-14 20:51:12

If really stuck croydon is 40 mins away by train

drinkyourmilk Wed 26-Feb-14 20:53:19

How about Worthing?

Stuporwoman Fri 28-Feb-14 13:25:51

Thanks again to you all for the tips. Still having no luck but have had a genius idea: motor home rental! Kids will be frothing at the mouth with excitement...

drinkyourmilk Fri 28-Feb-14 20:05:41

Oh that sounds fab! Not sure how easy it will be to get everyone washed etc but with 4 children I'm assuming you are pretty good at just getting on with things.

Stuporwoman Fri 28-Feb-14 21:40:27

I'm sure we will have some hairy moments alright! But the motor homes I've looked at are quite plush - showers, TVs etc albeit in very cramped conditions. If nothing else it'll be an adventure ��

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now