Talk

Advanced search

horseriding camps for teenagers

(3 Posts)
ester1234 Mon 24-Feb-14 12:32:34

hello-

i am looking for a summer camp for my horse mad 14 year old daughter. i would love some recommendations as i am not in the uk! i've been looking at kimmerston and wellington and would love to hear from anyone who knows them or other riding centers!

thank you.

ester

mummymeister Mon 24-Feb-14 13:25:20

I have several friends whose girls have been on these (they have been to places in Wales but not sure of exact names but could find out) All have horror stories - yet to hear of one that went well. Kids ended up doing hardly any riding but lots of cleaning out and maintenance type work plus it all felt a bit disorganised. do pgl offer one? if they do I would certainly give this a go. If not go to something like british horse riding association and ask them for help and info. would she not be better off having a holiday and booking into riding stables twice daily.

SimLondon Sat 01-Mar-14 07:56:39

Try here http://www.valleyfarmonline.co.uk/index.php?categoryid=42 daughter has been for a ride here and it seemed pretty well organised, they showed me the field where the camping is and it seemed nice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now