Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to Mull?

(9 Posts)
witchy5 Thu 20-Feb-14 10:13:36

I am thinking of taking my five children to Mull in the summer, have been looking for reviews on this place www.islandholidaycottages.com/sgriobruadh/sgriobruadh.asp#The_Garden_Rooms Has anyone been? Just would like a little feedback before I book.
Thank you smile

LowLevelWhinging Thu 20-Feb-14 10:17:46

What do you want to know?

My PILS used to live there and I'm jealous of you smile

witchy5 Thu 20-Feb-14 10:21:53

Any information really, my eldest is 13, my youngest is 4 and this will be my first holiday as a single parent.
Was intrigued as to what the holiday cottages I was looking at were like from someone who knew as well.
Thank you for your reply smile

midwifeandmum Thu 20-Feb-14 10:23:17

I went to tighnabruaich years ago with parents. I think this is in mull. lol. This was away in 1991. We stayed in a lovely caravan then took the ferry to rosthy and had a great day there. It was a quick week and we kids had a great time

LowLevelWhinging Thu 20-Feb-14 10:31:23

Well it's a stunning place, so very very beautiful.

There's not that much to do, but if you're all outdoorsy types you'll be fine. You'll need a car to make the most of your stay.

There's the main sandy beach at Calgary, not that far from where those cottages are, a short ish drive. And I've never seen it busy.

But the really spectacular scenery is right down south of the Island on the Ross of Mull. Gorgeous mountains and lochs and little hidden sandy beaches.

LowLevelWhinging Thu 20-Feb-14 10:33:06

beautiful beaches

witchy5 Thu 20-Feb-14 10:49:44

Thank you, we are outdoorsy, live up near Skye so very used to being in the middle of nowhere.
The beaches look beautiful, lots of exploring to be had smile

MichonnesSamuraiSword Thu 20-Feb-14 10:56:41

OOoh I'm jealous too!

Went there a few years ago - it's beautiful. Make sure you get down to Iona for the day, had a lovely boat trip over there and a lovely walk across to the stunning beach on the other end of the island. The abbey there is also beautiful.

I also did a boat strip out to Staffa and saw dolphins - perhaps your DCs would enjoy that?

Tobermory is nice - and if your youngest is into Balamory, they'll be delighted!

I think you could happily fill a week with lovely beach walks and day trips out in the car. What a lovely holiday for you all.

witchy5 Thu 20-Feb-14 11:44:57

Thanks, some great ideas there smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now