Talk

Advanced search

Short break ideas with two year old!

(7 Posts)
muffinissimo Thu 13-Feb-14 22:10:06

Hi, we are looking for some interesting ideas for a short break with our little son in May.

Considering a boat trip in Norfolk Broads - what do you think? Will he be bored?

What else? Campervan? I can't think of anything sad

JeanSeberg Thu 13-Feb-14 22:11:45

Does anything here appeal? Some very family-friendly places for little ones.

www.hoseasons.co.uk

muffinissimo Fri 14-Feb-14 12:19:22

Thanks JeanSeberg, I had a quick look, couldn't see anything that would be very different from the standard lets-rent-a-cottage-for-a-fee-days approach. I am looking for something special... Like renting a tree house (expensive) or going on a star-gazing trip (toddler won't be able to stay awake for long) smile

JeanSeberg Fri 14-Feb-14 12:45:19

www.quirkyaccom.com/

www.cosmopolitan.co.uk/travel/weekend-breaks/top-ten-quirky-escapes-fun-and-unique-places-to-stay-in-the-united-kingdom-for-a-holiday

How about something on here?

muffinissimo Sat 15-Feb-14 09:50:05

Oh wow this is amazing!! Thank you so much smile

QueenQuinine Sat 15-Feb-14 09:56:36

I'm pretty certain that a few days on a boat would have been too much for DD and for us - she'd have lovely it for the first few hours and then been forever getting too near to the edge smile

We used to just book cottages in Wales every now and again - they're very reasonable out of school holiday periods and there are loads of things to do in all weathers - and come the evening when DD was in bed, we had a house to relax in.

Misty9 Sun 16-Feb-14 18:46:15

Deers Glade in Norfolk has wooden pods for an alternative to camping. We had great fun on a short break there with our then-18mo ds. They have luxury pods too but they get booked up quite far in advance. The campsite itself is lovely with a children's playground, fishing lake, beautiful woodland setting and small shop for supplies. Each pod has it's own BBQ area but you have to bring your own BBQ etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now