Talk

Advanced search

Escaping the World Cup.

(3 Posts)
CurlyWurlyM6 Tue 11-Feb-14 20:35:37

I am not a footie fan, DH is. DH is self employed, works from home and I fear at my 1st month if Mat leave is going to hijacked by nonstop footie. Already a little wound up about it. Tried talking about it but have now decided (agreed) baby and I are off on holiday for a week to somewhere to escape during the first two weeks of WCup.

Any suggestions?

mummymeister Wed 12-Feb-14 07:38:40

is this your first baby? do you really want to be on your own with a brand new baby - hardly a holiday or a break. mine were all 3 weeks late . I would really, seriously wait until the baby is born. you can always book and go then but you will need to think about how far away and with whom. it wont be much of a break for you and personally I would stock up on DVD's and a good tv in my room just so that I could have another adult helping me out during those first couple of weeks. its his baby too - I am sure he will be smitten and drag himself away from the matches. good luck with everything.

CurlyWurlyM6 Tue 18-Feb-14 21:15:45

Thanks for your response, some food for thought. No its my second baby, but DS will be in school so DH will be on duty there. DH will definitely get involved but am breast feeding so I know the majority of the work falls to me. Plus we're a one-TV household. Suppose I could watch them on a laptop though......
Am still considering 'The Great Escape' ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now