Talk

Advanced search

Best festival for us to go to with teenagers

(11 Posts)
whostolethesocks Mon 10-Feb-14 21:35:42

Would really love to take my children (12 and 15) to a music festival this year. Any opinions on best for that age range (and mine!) with reasonable camping and good range of music (hopefully with someone they've heard of too).

mummymeister Tue 11-Feb-14 10:10:40

isle of Wight - teenagers are off to it this year.? Looe in Cornwall have a music festival in the town that is quite small but looks like it could be fun and the 12+15 could wander around town on their own perhaps? what sort of bands are they in to or is it just the experience. V is supposed to be good too.

whostolethesocks Tue 11-Feb-14 10:58:37

Was really wanting the experience (mine too!). Was looking at Larmer Tree, Cornbury, Camp Bestival or Wychwood maybe???

Mumraathenoisylion Tue 11-Feb-14 10:59:56

I've only been to camp bestival but it was brilliant for all ages!

austenozzy Tue 11-Feb-14 11:03:56

From second hand advice (I've never been to a festival and DD is 2 so won't be going for a little while!), Latitude in Suffolk is a good one.

www.latitudefestival.com/information/family-information

whostolethesocks Tue 11-Feb-14 11:11:05

Thanks. I'll investigate those a little more. Anyone been to any of the others I mentioned?

Stinklebell Wed 12-Feb-14 16:16:57

Not been Camp Bestival, I think that's more for littlies, but I've been to Bestival on the Isle of Wight quite a few times.

I usually go with a group of friends, one of my friends lives nearby so we crash there and make a girlie weekend of it. I've never camped so I couldn't tell you what the camping is like, but the festival is brilliant

I've been with my own kids (10 and 7 at the time) and they had a blast too

Stinklebell Wed 12-Feb-14 16:18:25

2014.bestival.net

Onykahonie Wed 12-Feb-14 17:14:36

Hi,

Mine are the same age and we've taken them to Beautiful Days for the last few years. The site's small enough for them to wander around without you, but there are several stages for different musical tastes plus a comedy/theatre tent.

OnBoytox Thu 13-Feb-14 12:32:20

Boardmasters at Watergate Bay, North Cornwall...... you won't find a more stunning location for a festival. The dates this year are 7-11th August.

The line-up so far is Chase and Status and Bastille as two of the headliners, plus more acts to be announced. There's loads of other stuff going on, eg surfing, BMX competitions, etc.

My 17-year-old DD and a friend are going, they can't wait! Admittedly, we are all staying in nice accommodation nearby, not camping, but the actual venue seems to have a lovely vibe, mainly full of post-GCSE/A level students.

whostolethesocks Thu 13-Feb-14 18:17:48

Full of A level students? I'd feel out of place! Those sound nice but I'm in the South East so a bit too far to travel.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now