Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Really big holiday house (or group of smaller houses)?

(10 Posts)
Helliecopter Fri 07-Feb-14 19:09:32

Hello

Does anyone have any experience of a really big holiday house? We need one with around 20 bedrooms for almost 40 people (yes I know it's a LOT!) for a big gathering. Ideally to be located under 3 hours drive from Manchester. It doesn't have to be everyone in one house, several smaller cottages on one site would be okay, but we are trying to keep costs down as much as we can, and in the past I've found that one house can be cheaper than several (but I'm prepared to be proved wrong on that!)

Or could you point me towards any websites you've used for big holiday homes?

Many thanks

Blueuggboots Fri 07-Feb-14 19:53:53

Look at rodhuish on airbnb. Set the price to the highest it will go in filters. It's in Somerset so might be flooded a bit further than 3 hours from Manchester but it sleeps up to 70?

WipsGlitter Fri 07-Feb-14 19:57:07

Sound like a nightmare. It might be better to have a bug house with smaller ones as well. Some people need / want / prefer at least some privacy.

Have a look at belle Isle Fermanagh. It's a courtyard of houses.

fizzly Fri 07-Feb-14 20:03:22

www.thebigdomain.com might have something

Stars66 Fri 07-Feb-14 21:40:01

We stayed at a bunch of cottages in Gloucester a few years back for a friends massive party. Will see if I can find the name and details.

Anomaly Sat 08-Feb-14 09:05:09

Have you looked at south Lakeland leisure village?

We had a lovely time there.

mummymeister Mon 10-Feb-14 09:15:05

try the two websites we use bigholidayhouse.com and groupaccommodation.com you will definitely find something on there.

CocktailQueen Mon 10-Feb-14 14:48:45

Sally's Cottages are based in the Lake District and have lots of larger properties, all of a very high standard.

Aberchips Tue 18-Feb-14 13:19:06

We've stayed in a couple of the properties rented by these guys before
www.theterracewindermere.co.uk/

&they were excellent. Several of the cottages are next door to each other & the other ones are only about 2 mins walk up the road. The road that runs past is quite busy, but actually most of the rooms are on the other side so you don't notice it. you're also v close to supermarket, shops & pubs etc in Windermere & the station if anyone is coming by train.

DelGirl Tue 18-Feb-14 13:38:31

Try Knockerdown farm in Derbyshire. There are 16 cottages. Plus a large recreational facility with a pool

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now