Talk

Advanced search

Best car insurance for 21 year old daughter

(7 Posts)
carolinedunn Tue 04-Feb-14 22:47:57

Hi all,

I am searching for a reputable car insurance company for my 21 year old daughter. I am mainly biased on reviews left overall by clients and would like to go with a company that does not charge too much for young drivers but is also trustworthy, should a claim ever need to be made. I have scoured the internet and have come across a lot of bad reviews, for some of the popular companies I thought would be decent. I am thinking of going with one of the top 5 here www.insurersreviewed.co.uk/car-insurance/ - will ofcourse get quotes from all. Any other suggestions?

Many thanks

AnotherWorld Tue 04-Feb-14 22:50:42

Defo stay clear of those with dodgy reputations. In the event of a crash they'll be more difficult.

I am wondering though why you are sorting it for her? 21 is old enough to sort these things herself isn't it?

Hope you find a good deal either way.

sooperdooper Tue 04-Feb-14 22:52:06

Just do a price comparison online, if she's 21 just get her to do it herself, if she's going to be driving she needs to learn how to get insurance sorted. Something like comparethemarket is a good place to start

carolinedunn Tue 04-Feb-14 22:57:21

Thanks for your responses. I am not getting the insurance for her per say, I am just trying to help her find the best company on the market and was wondering if anyone had any good experience with a particular car insurance company, specifically for a young person.

TheOneWithTheNicestSmile Tue 04-Feb-14 23:06:20

Ds2 (20) started driving his own car (well, not exactly his) last August & we had a few quotes around £1300

Endsleigh also offered a 6-month policy, for around £800, which then gives a 1-year NCD - with them, obv - we've had good service from them before so went with that & hope their 6-month/1-year NCD is worth having confused

TheOneWithTheNicestSmile Wed 05-Feb-14 14:39:22

Ooh - by coincidence the renewal notice has landed today

£694 in one payment (£804 in instalments)

The excess is on the high side - £400 I think - but I'm very pleased with that!

MillyMollyMama Mon 10-Feb-14 18:03:19

We insure both our DDs cars on our family car insurance policy through Admiral. The cars do have to be kept at home though so will not work if your DD is not living at home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now