Talk

Advanced search

How big is Bluestone?

(8 Posts)
Spikeinhiscoat Fri 31-Jan-14 10:57:54

We're booked to visit in the summer for the first time. The website seems quite keen to get you to hire golf buggies to get around, but they're really expensive. We also don't plan to spend all our time on site. The dc will be 7 and 2.5, will we manage just taking a buggy for ds2, or is the site really too big to walk around?

I know Bluestone is often compared to CenterParcs. We're hired bikes there before when ds1 was little and would sit in the trailer - they were fun but they weren't really necessary foutre the distance. Hiring bikes at Bluestone won't really be an option either, partly because I understand it is quite hilly, but also because ds1 isn't hugely confident on a bike.

MiddleEnglish Fri 31-Jan-14 11:12:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Llareggub Fri 31-Jan-14 11:14:40

I've been a few times with DCs of the age and never bothered with hiring a buggy. It's hilly but not horrendous.

TryingToJuggle Fri 31-Jan-14 11:18:55

If you have the pushchair I would say you will be fine. It's a bit of a trek to the pool and indoor play place but not so bad if you don't mind the walk. We hired a golf buggy because my two were only just 2 and 3 ½ and the weather was rubbish so didn't want to get soaked lugging them and all their stuff too and from the car. Also we did their inclusive package so were going down tithe village every breakfast and dinner time in it.

Tangchi Fri 31-Jan-14 11:22:35

You will be fine it's much more compact than longleat center parcs, wouldn't dream of hiring one unless I had walking difficulties

Spikeinhiscoat Fri 31-Jan-14 11:33:53

Thanks everyone, now I just have to wait until the summer before we can go!

PicaK Thu 13-Feb-14 22:27:05

When we went you could hire them for 24 hours - they are a lot of fun.

It's not so much hilly as on a hill. Swimming and car park at the top, accommodation down the hill and at the bottom (where the shop and restaurants and spa are). You'll be fine with a pram but treat yourself if you can.

Folly farm are on the Tesco days Out vouchers and not far away.

sleeplessinderbyshire Thu 13-Feb-14 22:50:28

we had a buggy as we went with my in laws and FIL has bad angina and can't walk far. We borrowed it off them and used it loads as well as it's a long walk (especially in the rain with a moaning toddler)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now