Talk

Advanced search

Butlins, Haven etc. Where else is there like this?

(13 Posts)
YellowFeathers Thu 01-Jun-06 18:39:29

Last year we went to Butlins at Bognor Regis. The accomodation we got was great. Just like having a house to live in, loads of space etc. Not so great decor wise but hey ho. We didn't bother with the entertainment or kids clubs etc but had our breakfast and evening meals there and used the pool.
We only paid £170 for 3 of us for 5 days which we thought was pretty good but the main thing we said about it was that it was a great cheaper option for a base for that part of the country.

Soooo
I have been pricing up for next summer. Haven and Butlins are coming out at very similar prices although Haven is Self catering rather than half board.

Just wondered what other places are out there that are similar to them and that I could get a quote on-line for.

Any recommendations?
TIA

YellowFeathers Thu 01-Jun-06 19:00:33

bluesky Thu 01-Jun-06 19:20:03

Hoseasons have holiday parks, OK accommodation, use what you want, and as you say a good cheap option for a different part of the country.

I should think they are all self catering though. Worth a look though.

YellowFeathers Thu 01-Jun-06 19:22:57

Ah yes
forgot about them.

Thanks

grumpyfrumpy Thu 01-Jun-06 19:25:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

YellowFeathers Thu 01-Jun-06 19:28:58

Thanks thats great

grumpyfrumpy Thu 01-Jun-06 19:55:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

misdee Thu 01-Jun-06 19:58:37

most of havens accomadation is caravans, and i have to be honest, and say that Gold is worth paying for.

YellowFeathers Thu 01-Jun-06 20:25:14

Oh yes Pontins. Right will look there.

I was looking at Gold Misdee

misdee Thu 01-Jun-06 20:26:20

goood!

we upgraded last year and it was lovely.

YellowFeathers Thu 01-Jun-06 20:29:38

Which park did you go to?

peachyClair Thu 01-Jun-06 20:32:17

I'd recommend park resorts, not quite so in your face as Butlins but still enough for the kids. We go regularly (the Isle of Wight ones), caravan in the past but camping next time. Would deffo recommend the gold caravans- we were upgraded to it last time and it was great, made us to have a balcony, dining room etc for no extra cash.

The kdis love Park resorts, and especially the childrens entertainment.

They have a website that does online quotes, here
and I would recommend the IofW sites, and apparently Camber Sands is nice

YellowFeathers Thu 01-Jun-06 20:33:15

Cool thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: